As you probably already know, a few weeks ago Apple presented iOS 15 at WWDC 2021, the new version of the operating system for iPhone and iPod touch which will officially arrive in the fall. Among the novelties of this version, there are important changes with some accessories, such as all the news for AirPods, or all the news for the HomePod and HomeKit that will soon arrive on iOS.
In addition, iOS 15 will also bring a host of new features that will allow you to enjoy your iPhone even more. For this reason, in this article we wanted to collect some of the best news from the new version of Apple’s operating system which you will be able to use on your device very soon.
The 12 best iOS 15 features coming to your iPhone
As we mentioned, despite the disappointment of many users, iOS 15 introduces a host of new features that can help you enjoy your device, alone or in company. Among other functions, some stand out such as the following:
- Share screen: With the arrival of iOS 15, you can easily share your iPhone screen with whoever you want. Leaving aside the current functions such as AirPlay, with which it is possible to share the screen with an Apple TV, with the new version of Apple’s operating system, you can share your screen in applications such as FaceTime, so that your friends, family or work team will be able to see the content. Without a doubt, this can be of great help by offering technical support or help with the device.
- SharePlay: One of the less expected new features of Apple’s new operating systems is via SharePlay. Thanks to it, it is possible to enjoy multimedia content natively with friends, family or whoever you want. This way, you will be able to watch a video from YouTube, Netflix, Apple TV + or the app of your choice using a FaceTime call at the same time, playing at the same time on the devices of the people present on the call. Until now, it was possible to do this with third-party tools, but without a doubt it is much better because it is natively compatible with a large part of Apple products.
- Find your iPhone even if it’s running out of battery: Thanks to iOS 15, even if your iPhone is low on battery, if you lose it, you can locate it using the search network. In this case, Apple hasn’t detailed how this system works, but it looks like it will do it the same way as the AirTag, emitting some type of signal such that if there is has another iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac near the lost iPhone with an Internet connection, its location will be saved in the Find app, allowing you to find it in that case.
- Concentration modes: Another possibility introduced by Apple in this new operating system is the concentration modes. If you set them up on your iPhone, you can avoid being distracted when you need it most. By default, iOS will automatically create certain work modes, among other assumptions, for example bypassing notifications from social media apps like Facebook or Twitter, thus avoiding your distraction. Moreover, you can customize them as you like so that it is really very useful in your case.
- Changes when selecting text: Not so long ago, Apple decided to dispense with the magnifying glass to be able to easily select text, a very useful feature for many users. However, with the arrival of iOS 15, this magnifier to be able to select precisely will return to the iPhone.
- Portrait mode for FaceTime: As with alternatives like Skype, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams, you can use your iPhone’s portrait mode in FaceTime video calls. With this, you can avoid showing substance in your calls, giving a feeling of greater professionalism if the substance is not quite adequate.
- Unlimited iCloud space for backups: A few months ago, the option to upload an unlimited number of photos to Google Photos disappeared. In response, Apple decided to allow new users to skip the free 5GB limits in iCloud as long as it comes to making backup copies of the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Those copies that exceed the free storage can only be kept for a maximum of 3 weeks, but it is still a very attractive option for many users, although it will also cause some to consider using the free plan instead of it. one of the paid plans.
- Easy access to Spotlight: Another improvement of iOS 15 involves a major reform of access to Spotlight search. With the arrival of this new operating system, you can easily access search without having to unlock your iPhone. You can use Spotlight right from your device’s lock screen, saving you time finding what you want.
- Use your iPhone as a key: Another new feature of iOS 15 is that you will be able to use your iPhone as if it were a key, thus avoiding having to carry more things in your pockets. If you have the necessary HomeKit accessories, you will be able to easily enter your home, garage or even a hotel room.
- 5G connection improvements on supported models: If you have one of the newer iPhones 12, and you have a compatible carrier and 5G broadband coverage, let’s say iOS 15 improves the connection speed a bit. It wasn’t something mentioned in Keynote, but it does show up in internal operating system documents, and apparently it offers faster speeds in streaming content or in iCloud backups, both when taking them. creation and during their restoration.
- Finding links and images in posts just got easier: If you are an iMessage or classic SMS user on your iPhone, say that the messaging app now includes a new feature called “Shared with you”. There you’ll find all the photos, videos, links, and other media that your contacts have sent you, making it much easier to locate old messages, even if you don’t remember exactly who sent them.
- Audio isolation and spatial noise: With iOS 15, a new function also appears for FaceTime and the rest of the video calling apps. Known as spatial audio, this is an innovation in the way you listen to audio in calls, including isolation of external noise to avoid external distractions.
As you may have seen, The benefits that will come with iOS 15 on the iPhone are quite significant, although they are not too many.. In this article, we have collected only a few of the best and most useful for users, although in addition to official improvements, up to 50 more improvements have been found in development builds. Remember, this fall you can easily update your iPhone to this new version to get all this news and more for your device.