A new video-on-demand streaming service supports Google Assistant. Neflix, Disney + and YouTube Kids are joining now ATRESplayer, the Spanish platform of programs, series and films of the Atresmedia group.
This means that from today we can ask the Google Assistant to read the content of ATRESplayer (Antena 3, LaSexta, Neox, Nova, MEGA, A3S, Flooxer, Nova and Kidz) on any compatible device, but for this we will have to ** link Google Assistant with ATRESplayer.
How to link Google Assistant with ATRESplayer
In order for Google Assistant to recognize ATRESplayer content, the first thing we need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the app Google home.
- If we have installed the ATRESplayer application, we will have direct access Atresplayer link. If we don’t have access Settings> Video.
- Confirm that we want account link.
- Log in with our account ATRESplayer.
Once the session has started, ATRESplayer will be linked to the Google Assistant. At any moment we can unlink the account from Settings> Video in case we don’t want Google Assistant to stream content from this platform.
How to play ATRESplayer from the Google Assistant
The Google Assistant will recognize all ATRESplayer content, but to reproduce its paid content, we will need to be subscribed ATRESplayer Premium
To ask Google Assistant to play ATRESplayer content we have to say:
- “Hey Google, look at ‘Paco’s Men'”
- “Hey Google, check out the ‘Innocents’ series”
- “Hey Google, watch ‘La voz’ on TV in the living room”
- “Hey Google, play ‘El hormiguero’ in ATRESplayer”
Voice commands work from our mobile, speakerphone, smart screen or TV
When some content is also on other platforms, such as YouTube or Netflix, we will have to specify that we want to see it on ATRESplayer. It is also advisable to specify whether it is a program, a series or a film to avoid ambiguities. For example, if you say “see voice”, this currently opens the volume settings. Here we will have to say “see the program La voz”.
In Engadget Android | How to subscribe to the Google Assistant to send you useful information or fun content every day