The steel Apple Watch has its own personality and charisma, thanks to its finish and greater weight than the aluminum collection. Also released in 2015, the steel version offers a more traditional watch feel. And that includes its maintenance against small abrasions which diminish its natural glow.
This is why Basic Apple Guy user tells on his blog how he regularly polishes his steel Apple Watch. As well make the Apple Watch shine like the first day.
How to polish the Apple Watch in steel
First of all, he warns us that this method of polishing the steel of the Apple Watch should only be applied on the one with the silver finish
Remember that the steel Apple Watch has a sapphire screen, on which there is no you must pass the polishing wipes. The polishing method described by the user only works if the scratches are small. In any glass you will not repair scratches or deep dents on the metal.
You have to do the passes without fear. Polishing wipes do not visibly wear out the steel frame
For the process, he used a Cape Cod Metal Polishing Kit, which can be found on Amazon for $ 25.20. Comes with 12 polishing wipes, nitrile gloves and a cloth to clean. Although we recommend that you have another extra cloth to help with cleaning. Its method is as follows:
- We put one of the sheets on the ground to cushion the passes.
- The Apple Watch must be turned off, without the band, and clean.
- Wearing gloves, spread one of the polishing wipes on the cloth.
- Start to pass on the same line with the different edges of the Apple Watch. Using a medium level of force, to make sure you polish the metal without overdoing it.
- The side button and digital crown are rubbed with both hands, to ensure it slides through the slots.
- In a matter of minutes, we should have the desired result.
Finally, with the watch still off, place it under the tap with lukewarm water to remove any residue. At the end, turn on the watch and activate the water expulsion mode about 2-3 times. As a final touch, use WOOOSH! Cleanser. and its microfiber cloth (15.99 dollars at Amazon) to make it perfect.
And ready. You can go back to put the strap on and start wearing it again. A steel Apple Watch just out of the box. As a final recommendation, we can do this whole process once or twice a year.