Do you have a new Android TV or are you looking to get the most out of the one you already have? Well we offer you a list of the best applications for this system: with them you will get all the game that your player or your TV with Android TV can offer.
Since Android TV is still an Android, some of the mobile applications have their equivalent for the television system. It’s not that the devices dedicated to the big screen have a huge range of applications, but they have enough examples of them for streaming media content, from the phone, for listening to music and for entertaining. other uses just as recommended. Let’s see our recommendations by type of application.
Apps to play content on Android TV
The television essentially consists of reproducing multimedia content, either by streaming download or access videos and music you’ve already recorded offline. Considering the fact that Android TV is a popular and widely used system, most of the streaming platforms have their own app to access from TV.
Let’s take it step by step: from popular streaming platforms to players with which to see and listen to what you have stored in the player.
Android TV streaming platforms
They form the basis of Android TV since players with this operating system provide excellent service on the most popular platforms. As is evident, you need a subscription to access most content. If you subscribed, forget the Chromecast to access shows and movies directly from the TV.
- Netflix. The most popular movies and series platform has its own app for Android TV. It is available on Google Play.
- Disney +. There is not much to say about this platform: it offers house classics and new productions, all on the “play”. Your Android TV app is here.
- HBO. Pending the arrival of HBO Max in all countries (with an application at the height of quality and performance), the platform gives access on Android TV to the catalog that it currently distributes. Download the app from here.
- Amazon Prime Video. If you have Amazon Prime, you also have a large number of movies and series at your fingertips. And you can watch this content on your Android TV; download it from this link.
- Movistar +. Indispensable if you have subscribed to one of their payment plans, even if you have Movistar + Lite. Direct, video on demand and a large catalog: you have its application for Android TV at this link.
- From the movie. One of the platforms with the most polished movie catalog also offers access via Android TV. If you have a Filmin account, the app is here.
- Tivify. Excellent platform if you want to have access to TNT with on-demand viewing of everything that has been broadcast in the last seven days (in addition to being able to record the content). If you have subscribed to Tivify, download its application from this link.
- RTVE à la carte. Application of the Spanish Society of Radio and Television with live shows and thousands of hours of programs, series and films on demand. It’s on Google Play.
- Pluto TV. What do you want to see great content without paying a dime? Pluto TV offers you a large selection of free and commercial channels. It’s on Google Play.
- Spotify. Do you want to listen to music on TV? The Spotify app for Android TV gives you access to your playlists and themes. You have it on Google Play.
- Deezer. As with Spotify, Deezer also offers its own app for TVs and players. In case you have subscribed, download the app from here.
- Amazon Music. Also with its application adapted to the needs and appearance of Android TV. Download it to your TV from here.
- Radio TuneIn. Radios are already arriving through the terrestrial antenna, but you may need a much wider range of stations. Well, there is TuneIn Radio: download it from Google Play.
Play your content on TV
With the previous applications, you have access to different streaming platforms. Now good: What if you already have your own content and want to play it right on your Android TV?
- Coded. Such a gigantic app that you can even play with it. It is also used to watch all the music and videos that you have saved on the TV: either by connecting a storage medium to the Android TV, or by accessing your content in server mode. You can download Kodi from Google Play.
- Plex . Quite similar to Kodi: with Plex you can access the content you have on your local servers from TV; or on mobile, for example. You have Plex here.
- AirScreen. This application allows you to share with television everything that you have recorded on your mobile. And it supports various wireless streaming protocols including AirPlay. You can download it from this link.
- VLC. These three letters already say everything that the application offers: it is a high quality player and compatible with a wide variety of codecs. It also has a version for Android TV: you have it here.
Applications to manage your Android TV
In this section we will add the extremely useful apps on Android TV, either to manage the installed content, or to extend its possibilities. It is not that the television system is as versatile as that of cell phones, but it keeps offering possibilities.
- Puffin flat. It is the best web browser available in the Google Play of Android TV. Quite powerful, very complete and suitable for use with the remote control: download it from this link.
- Send files to the TV. Very useful application to send files between TV and mobile. With it you can play video, APK, song, file … You need to install it on TV and also on your mobile: download Send files to TV from here.
- EasyJoin Go TV. Very useful for transferring files between TV and mobile: fast, efficient and suitable for any content. Of course, it is paid: you have it for 2.39 dollars on Google Play.
- File Commander. Our favorite file manager on Android TV. With it you can access what is saved in the cloud, everything you have on TV and also allows you to install APK files. Highly recommended, you have it here.
- Side loading launcher. If you are planning to install Android apps that are not specifically designed for Android TV, this launcher will come in handy: Sideload Launcher collects all installed apps for easy opening. It’s on Google Play.
Apps suitable for Android TV that are not in the store
From your Android TV’s Google Play Store you can download all software specifically tailored for the system, but that’s not the only thing that works on your device – there is a huge amount of software that will be useful to you and that you can install in very few steps. It’s worth keeping in mind.
Then we leave you with our essential APKs for Android TV.
- Google Stadia. In principle, it should arrive soon on Android TV, but at the moment it is not officially available. Although yes, you can download the latest version of Stadia for Android to your TV or player: it will work more or less the same. Download the latest APK file available on your device.
- Microsoft Game Pass. Indispensable if you want to enjoy all your games streaming on TV and without the need for other devices apart from your Android TV. Download the Android application (the mobile), connect a Bluetooth controller and log in with your account. Install the file after downloading it from Apk Mirror.
- GeForce now. In the Nvidia Shield, it looks native, but other Android TVs don’t. Even so, you can easily install the Android version: it also works on other Android TV devices. Download the latest APK from Apk Mirror.
- Google chrome. What do you want from a browser for the big screen and you are not convinced by Puffin TV? You can use Android’s Google Chrome, it integrates well with the TV interface. Just install the latest APK available.
- TDT Channels. This excellent application allows you to see all the free DTT channels live and without having to connect the terrestrial antenna. You can download it from their website.
Is there another app you’re currently using on your Android TV that you couldn’t do without? Leave it in the comments.