Shooter fans who have already taken a look at Reddit today will already know: Although participation in the Technical Alpha of Battlefield 2042 takes place under strict NDA conditions, a veritable flood of leaks is streaming through the network.
And here lies the big problem: Because of the sheer volume of content, it is difficult to keep track and to filter out the really important information about the multiplayer colossus. Therefore, we have summarized the most important findings from the leaked material for you.
What do the leaks reveal about Battlefield 2042?
First of all, an important disclaimer: Please note that all of the information below relates to technical alpha. A lot can change before the final release!
Because the graphics in particular are the subject of much discussion. Many fans find what is shown simply disappointing and wonder where the splendid graphics of BF2042 that has been shown up to now have suddenly gone. Since this is a technical test, the level of detail is very limited, textures and animations are missing and the performance is not optimized. In addition, the alpha represents an old version of the game and is not representative of the current state of development.
If you want to rate the look of Battlefield 2042 fairly, you should wait until the Open Beta in September. All information about the duration and scope of the beta can be found here:
more on the subject
Battlefield 2042 Beta: So you participate
This is what the leaks from the technical alpha show us:
- Missing animations: When you get into a tank there is no animation. Rather, you basically pop in and out. In the predecessors, there were sometimes long animations to get in and out of the car. It is of course possible that the missing animation for the beta will still be integrated.
- Plus system as comfort function: For the first time you can see the new Plus system in action. So you can change your weapon attachments quickly. It’s surprisingly quick: if we choose a silencer, it will be up and running in the next instant!
- Call-in system makes you mobile: The call-in system can also be seen in action for the first time. With the help of a kind of tablet, you can quickly request a new vehicle to your position in the middle of a battle.
- Melee-Kills in Third Person: Another innovation concerns the executions in close combat. These are now played from an outside perspective, as is also the case in Apex Legends or Call of Duty: Warzone, so that you can see your character yourself.
- Quite a lot of traffic on the map: In Battlefield 2042 there could be veritable orgies of vehicle destruction. Because the maximum number of vehicles active on the map at the same time is extremely high – some screenshots also show that almost 40 vehicles are allowed, 16 of them light (for example the Polaris ATV) and 16 heavy variants (such as a tank) as well as additional ones Planes. And of course the robot dog is also part of the party.
- Split opinion on the physics of destruction: Opinions are divided on the quality of the destructive effects. According to industry insider and leaker Tom Henderson, the level of the Zoften compared to Battlefield 3. Many fans on Reddit, however, are proven to be caused by gamers Craters and debris fields extremely enthusiastic. Obviously, the basic structure of a building always remains, but the outer elements seem to be able to be destroyed in detail. An earlier tech demo already made you want more:
Link to Gfycat content
- Verbales Ping-System: As in Battlefield 5, your specialists will call out a few pings to inform the team members around. Thanks to the individual voices of the individual characters, this should give the atmosphere a big boost. Incidentally, the recently revealed fifth specialist is an old acquaintance of the series.
- There are apparently four types of ammunition: Light, Medium, Heavy and Armor Piercing.
- Befriedigendes Gunplay: Measured against the weapons available in the alpha, the balancing with regard to the TTK (time-to-kill) should be very satisfactory. According to many testers, the number of hits required is credible.
- You can aim during a slide: A small but very subtle change concerns the slide animation. Compared to Battlefield 5, in 2042 you can still aim sideways during a slide and thus defend yourself better.
Our large overview of Battlefield 2042 is always up to date and provides you with all the information about the upcoming multiplayer highlight:
more on the subject
All information about Battlefield 2042
What is your opinion on the leaked material? And did you see any other interesting details? Let us know in the comments!