Amazon Prime Gaming will again be distributing generous bonuses to subscribers in April 2022: A total of 8 games are waiting for you, which will become your property at no extra charge. And there are classics from all genres again: The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Monkey Island 2 and Guild of Ascension, to name a few.
You can find the complete overview in the article below. Please note: You can keep the games forever, even if your Prime subscription expires at some point.
Genre: Roleplay | Release: March 24, 2006 | GameStar rating: 90
It’s been almost exactly 16 years s ince the gates of Oblivion first opened. Since our first foray into the lush green forests and hills of Tamriel, a new generation of gamers has grown up and naturally associates Skyrim with the Elder Scrolls. But the predecessor is still a great role-playing game today – if you can overlook a few quirks.
Then of course there are the graphics. While the landscapes (especially the water!) still look pretty snazzy, the faces lend themselves perfectly as a meme template. The ragdoll system also provides involuntary comedy from time to time, when a defeated minotaur suddenly becomes a wobbling rubber doll. And yes, after the thirteenth gate you slowly got tired of the lava worlds of Oblivion – but that doesn’t really matter.
Oblivion has some of the best quest lines in the entire Elder Scrolls series, and the Dark Brotherhood in particular is clearly superior to its Skyrim counterpart. And otherwise the RPG exudes a unique charm. For editor Geraldine, it’s even better than Skyrim:
For Géraldine, nothing tops Oblivion – not even Skyrim!
More free games in April for Prime users
In addition to Oblivion, you also get these 7 games at no extra charge:
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville: Absolute classic among casual games. You plant peashooters and walnut walls to ward off approaching zombies.
- Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge: We have to unpack the word “classic” again to describe this milestone in adventure games. The special edition has been fully voiced and the graphics polished up, but the biting humor of course remains the same.
- Nanotale – Typing Chronicles: RPG with iso perspective in which you explore a dying world as an archivist. Fairly unknown but has very good ratings on Steam.
Nanotale – Typing Chronicles: Gameplay from Insider Tip
- Guild of Ascension: Tactical RPG that combines turn-based battles with real-time combos… You forge your own weapons and tame animals.
- Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion: A turnip that pays no taxes to overthrow a corrupt vegetable system. Nice 2D adventure.
- Galaxy of Pen and Paper: You create your own P&P system and go into battle against enemy aliens in space. Set in the late 90’s so look forward to modems and floppy disks.
- House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets: Puzzle adventure that advertises, among other things, with “15 hidden objects”. Probably only for lovers.
However, the free games are not the only content that is included in the subscription in April. As always, there are some bonuses too.
More free content in April 2022
This time there is a cooperation with Blizzard, which gives you bonus goodies for Overwatch and Hearthstone.
Overwatch player will now receive so-called hero offers every month (until September 2022), including legendary loot boxes, for example. Hearthstone-Fans will also receive monthly drops from Prime Gaming until September, which contain card packs.
Not yet described in detail, but already announced: There will also be new content for WoW and Starcraft: Remastered soon. Speaking of Warcraft – what are Blizzard’s plans for the brand? And when will the next WoW addon be presented?
more on the subject
Next up for Warcraft: Blizzard’s big spring plans
As usual, there are also XP boosts for League of Legends, Call of Duty: Warzone and many other goodies. You can find the complete list on the official campaign page, where you can also collect your bonuses directly:
Is there something for you at the games in April 2022? Do you use the Prime game offers regularly or do you prefer to buy your titles in the Steam Sale?