Final Fantasy XIV is currently more successful than ever – and in April the makers want to go one better with new content. All sorts of information about the update to the new version 6.1 has now been confirmed.
The new patch 6.1 in Final Fantasy XIV Online is expected to cause a sensation from mid-April; Details of this were revealed today as part of a new edition of the video format “Live from the Producer”. It will be the first major content update since the release of the Endwalker expansion.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida promises a range of fresh game content for the update, including new quests within the main scenario; this is a new chapter for warriors of light. There is also a large series of side missions on Tataru, which will be continued until Patch 6.5.
The other feature highlights according to official information at a glance:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 opens a new chapter for Warriors of Light.
- “Tataru’s Big Business” – Tataru takes center stage in this new side quest series. This story begins with patch 6.1 and continues through patch 6.5.
- New Role Orders – Another story becomes Endwalker after completing all role quests be playable.
- PvP Updates – A new PvP content called “Crystalline Conflict”, adjustment of PvP commands and a new reward system will be implemented.
- New residential area – Plots of land in the Empyreum, the new Ishgardian housing area, are for sale.
- Travel Code – A new glossary of characters and terms can be unlocked during the course of the 6.1 main scenario. Entries will not be available immediately, but will be unlocked as the story progresses.
- New dungeon – More information will be announced at a later date.
- New exam – Eschatos – Endsängerin
- New Dream Trial – Heroic Song of Ultima
- New Alliance Raid Series – “Myths of Eorzea” Part 1
- Other Updates – More content will be added, including job adjustments, New Game+ for Endwalker and part of 6.1, new hairstyles for Hrothgar, additional projection plates, the ability to try on items from the Final Fantasy XIV Online Store, and more.
At the same time, the first upcoming updates in patch 6.1x were also confirmed, including:
- New fatally difficult content – A new challenge, “Dragon War (fatal)”, is coming in Patch 6.11.
- side quests – Various new side quests are introduced, including more Hildibrand’s Cases in Patch 6.15 and Omega: Beyond the Rift as part of the Patch 6.1x series.
- New Tribal Quests – Beginning with Patch 6.15, players will be able to tackle new Arkasodara Tribe quests available for Battle Classes and Jobs of all types.
- New requested deliveries – Ameliance Leveilleur’s wish deliveries will be added with patch 6.15.
- Travel between data centers – Travel between data centers is expected to allow players to travel between worlds of different logical data centers within the same physical data center starting in patch 6.18.