The long-standing MotoGP series is entering a new round again this year. Milestone today officially announced MotoGP 22 and new features.
Milestone, the racing game experts, along with Dorna Sports, today confirmed that MotoGP 22 will be released later this spring. The next chapter of the long-running racing simulation should therefore be available from April 21, 2022 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch and PC (Steam).
Of course, the latest part gets new features again. This includes above all the new mode called “(NINE) Season 2009”. In this one, you can relive one of the most incredible seasons in MotoGP history. A documentary film by Mark Neale will also show more than 50 minutes of original material from the 2009 season.
But you shouldn’t just be a witness to the season, you should become a part of it yourself. Special challenges, iconic moments and more are on board along with legendary drivers like Rossi, Pedrosa, Stoner and Lorenzo.
Other new features are aimed at newcomers to the series. There will be a revised tutorial and the new MotoGP Academy. The Revised Tutorial is a series of short gameplay sessions with adjusted rules to help new players understand the basics of the game and feel safe on the bike. In the new MotoGP Academy, however, you will learn how to improve and perfect your driving style in order to be faster on every track. This is accomplished through specific challenges focused on electronics, tire wear, brake temperature and the key differences between the three main categories.
Last but not least, there is also an adaptive difficulty system through in-game pop-up messages. Based on your skills, the game suggests you to adjust the level of difficulty.
For a real next-gen experience, the makers are also focusing on the following features:
- An unprecedented level of realism: New facial animations, improved 3D characters and boxes
- Ride Height Device: Players can manually operate the RHD’s locking mechanism and control suspension compression
- Improved routes: The surfaces have been improved to ensure better drivability
- Improved suspension system: Refined for better feel when hitting curbs
- Tire and brake temperatures: Temperatures are now affected by slipstream for both players and AI
- tire deformation: A more realistic tire behavior that makes the experience even more realistic
The complete 2022 season with all official content, i.e. 120+ drivers and over 20 official routes, is of course also included; plus there are over 70 historic riders and motorcycles. And: Management careers are also making a comeback!