Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a reboot, but developer Infinity Ward hasn't forgotten the past. A veteran of the older series parts noticed that the new offshoot comes with some Easter Eggs References to Modern Warfare 2 contains. Specifically, it is about weapon charms that found their way into the multiplayer shooter in Season 2.
On Reddit, the player shared his find and put it in context with corresponding scenes from Modern Warfare 2:
Ghost and Modern Warfare 2
After CoD: Modern Warfare introduced a popular character from Modern Warfare 2 as an operator with Ghost, items are now added that reflect on the second part of the series.
Ghost did not actually survive the events during the story of MW 2. Two of the weapon charms in the new part now commemorate the killing of the popular character. Specifically, there are the following controversial moments:
- The jumper cables were used in CoD: Modern Warfare 2 when Ghost used them to torture an opponent.
- The revolver was used by General Shepard to shoot Ghost and Roach.
- A soldier then showered the two characters with gasoline, causing General Shepard to light them. The canister charm reminds us of this.
By the way, we have listed the most controversial moments in CoD history in an extra article. Modern Warfare in particular has always placed great emphasis on shockers.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – "Russian bashing", camper plague & more – The biggest excitement
So you get the charms
To get all three followers, you have to buy and grind the Battle Pass. The revolver is also included in the free package. The items are distributed as rewards for reaching the following levels:
- Revolver »black shot« – Level 39 (free)
- Fuel canister »refilled« – Level 54 (only with Battle Pass)
- Jumper cables »Under power« – Level 69 (only with Battle Pass)
Did you discover more Easter Eggs in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that are reminiscent of earlier series parts? Share your finds with the community in the comments!