Elden Ring got a new update. Patch 1.3 is now available for PC and consoles and brings with it a proud number of patch notes. In addition to balancing adjustments and optimizations, fans also have to be prepared for a nerf: the extremely powerful Mimic Tear-Ashes has been nerfed.
We’ll tell you what it’s all about.
Elden Ring Guide
Find and level up Mimic Tear Ashes
Everything you need to know about patch 1.3
Since when is patch 1.3 available?
The Elden Ring update is already live and was played on the night of March 16-17, 2022. If you start your PC or console now, you can already download the update.
How big is patch 1.3?
The new update for Elden Ring is approximately 1.6 GB big. So the download shouldn’t keep you away from the game for too long. Despite the manageable size, patch 1.3 contains a whole range of innovations and changes.
What platforms is patch 1.3 available for?
The Elden Ring update has arrived on all available platforms – that is PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4 und Xbox One.
Elden Ring is the first big highlight of the gaming year 2022 and in our test it got the second highest rating in GameStar history. Our guides explain what you should know to start, how the classes work, where you can find valuable items in the intermediate lands – such as the golden seed or holy tears – and what you can do to prevent stuttering.
You can find more tips and tricks in our guide overview.
The most important changes of patch 1.3
The list of changes and innovations of Patch 1.3 for Elden Ring is long. We’ve dug through the patch notes and picked out the most notable changes for you. You can find out what else the latest update has changed and revised on page 2 of this article.
Innovations that patch 1.3 brings with it
- NPCs and traders can be noted on the map with specific icons
- the damage mitigated by shields has been improved
- Items like Sparm Aromatic and Ironjar Romantic, as well as spells like Comet and Star Shower have received a buff
- the prices of forging stones available from traders have been reduced
- broken quests should now work correctly
- new NPC Jar-Bairn has been added to the game
- four NPCs have been given new quest phases: Diallos, Nepheli Loux, Kenneth Haight and Gatekeeper Gostoc
- Fixed bug with weapons not scaling properly
- Torrent now gains more health from healing with items like Rowa Raisin, Sweet Raisin, and Frozen Raisin
Nerfs that Patch 1.3 delivers
- the Mimic Tear Ash now deals less damage, and the behavior of your doppelganger has also been adjusted
- the damage from Hoarfrost Stomp was reduced, the time to activate was increased at the same time
- Sword of Night and Flame now deals less damage
- the damage reduced by Shield Barricade has been toned down
This is what the community says: on Twitter and Reddit the numerous changes are of course hotly debated. The comfort improvements, buffs on certain weapons and spells, and many bug fixes are well received by Elden Ring players.
But there is criticism for the nerfs – especially the Mimic Tear Ash. Some fans aren’t exactly happy that their favorite builds have been nerfed significantly.
link to Twitter content
In addition remarkable: While mainly melee and magic builds were adjusted, Faith builds were completely spared from changes. So who Incantations or invocations used, has not received any changes with patch 1.3. You can find out what you should know about all the Elden Ring spells in the following overview:
How do I use spells and invocations?
Patch notes on page 2: You can find out what other changes and bug fixes Update 1.3 brings with it in the official patch notes on the second page of this article. The list is long, so feel free to dig through some info.
What do you think of the Elden Ring patch 1.3 changes? Are you satisfied with the buffs and nerfs? What do you like and what do you not like? Let us know in the comments!
Leave a Reply