The players most fond of competitive Pokmon Go they can already mark their calendars the beginning of Season 5 of the GO Fighting League. The mobile game will receive very soon, this next Monday, November 9, 2020, the new cups and from Niantic they have already shared all the details about the length of this season, the prizes and rewards and much more.
Get ready, Trainers! Season 5 of the #GOBattle League is coming soon with some exciting changes, including more themed cups!
Get ready, Trainers! Season 5 of the #GOBattleLeague is coming soon with some exciting changes, including more themed cups!
Do you have what it takes to win in the Little Cup, Kanto Cup, and Catch Cup? 🏆
Learn more: https://t.co/EmlAJBYdFWpic.twitter.com/cIXO1gltcm
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) November 2, 2020
GO Fighting League dates calendar: Season 5
As announced with the presentation of the previous season, this new season 5 will have a shorter duration than usual. In total last just three weeks. The season start on Monday, November 9 2020 at 22:00 CET (1:00 PM PST), at which point your Season 4 prizes will be available on the Battles screen.
Season 5 count on new drinks and these are the scheduled dates for each one (keep in mind that they are provisional and may change):
- The Small Cup: It will be held from Monday, November 9, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. CET (1:00 p.m. PST) to Monday, November 16, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. CET (1:00 p.m. PST). Only Pokémon that can evolve and that have not evolved even once can participate. The CP limit is 500.
- The Kanto Cup: It will be held from Monday, November 16, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. CET (1:00 p.m. PST) to Monday, November 23, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. CET (1:00 p.m. PST). Only Pokémon with a Pokdex number between 001 and 151 can participate. The CP limit is 1500.
- The Capture Cup: It runs from Monday, November 23, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. CET (1:00 p.m. PST) to Monday, November 30, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. CET (1:00 p.m. PST). Only Pokémon that have been caught since the start of Season 5 can participate. The CP limit is 1500. Unique Pokémon, such as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Victini, cannot participate in the Capture Cup.
News and rewards for Season 5
Season 5 add some important changes and also new rewards, namely the following:
- From rank 7: You will have a chance to meet Legendary Pokémon on the GO Fighting League bounty tracks. These Legendary Pokémon will be the same ones that already appear in the five-star raids (only during Season 5).
- The progression of ranks: during this season it will be based on efforts and not on scores.
- To get to rank 2: You must fight a specific number of matches.
- To get from Rank 3 to Rank 10: You must win a specific number of matches.
- If you finish Season 5 at Rank 7 or higher: you will receive a charged attack TM lite instead of a fast attack TM lite.
Finally, I will also add that we will have new attacks and the following updates regarding Pokémon movements:
- Calcination: This Fire-type rapid attack will only initially be available to Rapidash discovered in the Kanto region, Typhlosion, Ho-Oh, Darmanitan discovered in the Unova region and Chandelure.
- Peck Come: This Poison-type rapid attack will now generate more energy, allowing Pokémon like Vespiquen, Drapion, and Whirlipede to use their charged attacks more frequently.
- Nitrocarga: Now Rapidash discovered in the Kanto region, Entei, Emboar and Chandelure will be able to learn this powerful Fire-type attack.
Mention that, for the moment, we will continue without having to travel a mandatory distance to participate in the GO Fighting League. Pokmon Go, is available free for Android and iOS since 2016. If you want to know more details about the title, you can consult our complete guide with tips and tricks.