Sci-fi shooters and survival games, both are almost a dime a dozen. However, the newly announced Earth: Revival wants to combine both and create a somewhat more unusual game. You can find out what the developers are planning to do with their shooter here. In addition, there is already a first trailer to see.
By the way, behind the responsible Studio Nuverse is the Chinese technology company Bytedance. This is best known for the video sharing app Tiktok. Now they want to assert themselves with Earth: Revival for the first time on the games market.
Humanity fights for survival
As usual from shooters, things are dramatic in Earth: Revival. Earth was overrun by nasty aliens in the 22nd century and you scour the open world for supplies, build a base and look for other survivors, at least in the first trailer:
Earth: Revival shows in the trailer how you fight against aliens on the destroyed earth
It’s just stupid that the aliens are still here and making life difficult for us. In the trailer there are already two different ways to see, in addition to a smaller human-sized creature, real giants apparently also await us.
But we don’t have to face the monsters alone. Because Earth: Revival is primarily a PvE multiplayer shooter where we can team up with other players or go it alone against the AI. At the latest by the endgame, however, co-op partners are probably quite important.
In general, Earth: Revival is pretty full of mouths and confidently promises a lot of great features, for example:
- Customizable Character: In the character editor you can create and customize your character according to your wishes.
- Sci-Fi Weapons: You can with one
large selectionfuturistic weapons fight. You also equip so-called power armor, which will probably make you particularly strong.
- Gathering and Crafting: As in a survival game, you must gather food and resources, cook food, and craft weapons, armor, tools, and more. You will even be able to build and control vehicles.
- Animal Companions: To increase your chances of survival, you can tame creatures and equip them with weapons. The pets will then help you in the fight and should act smartly.
- Base construction: Another element that we mainly know from survival games is the construction of buildings. In Earth: Revival you can build (and set up) your own outposts.
- Endgame mit PvP-Modi: Various endgame activities are already planned for the most persistent players. So there should not only be PvE raids, but also various PvP content, such as team-based tournaments and a Battle Royale mode.
So the shooter sets itself quite demanding goals and mixes quite a lot of well-known features. Of course, I still have to show how well the whole thing will be implemented.
You’ll soon be able to play yourself
Earth: Revival will be released in 2023 for PC and Android. Cross-platform progression has already been announced, so you’ll be able to play with the same character on both PC and smartphone.
Anyone who is enthusiastic about the ideas of the survival shooter may soon have the opportunity to go exploring themselves. From the A closed beta is running from September 2nd to September 18thto which you register now can.
The game can also be found at gamescom in Hall 8 at Stand B033 and can be played there. Our article tells you which games can still be seen at the Cologne Games Fair:
more on the subject
All gamescom 2022 games and where to find them
What do you think of the first information about Earth: Revival? Do you like the chic trailer, or can’t you warm to sci-fi scenarios? And do you want to try out the genre mix in the closed beta? Write your opinions in the comments!