Allegedly, the first screenshots from Battlefield 6 have appeared. Before we tell you what they show and what well-known insiders have to say about them, we have to give you a big warning: It’s one unconfirmed leak, whose authenticity we unfortunately cannot check. We have sent a request to EA and will notify you here if we get an answer.
However, the images match exactly what has already leaked from other sources, so we think the rumor is believable. It looks like the setting of Battlefield 6 is actually confirmed.
What do the screenshots show?
We cannot show you the pictures themselves here, but they are circulating on Reddit and twitter. Instead, we describe what can be seen on them:
- Figure 1 shows a user interface including mini-map and crosshair, a ready-to-launch rocket and several tall buildings. A tornado is passing or moving fairly close. The recording appears to have been taken from a cockpit, a speed and altitude display also indicate this.
- Image 2 shows a scene in the air, several aircraft are heading for a green island or headland, on which the buildings of image 1 can be seen. A dark storm is brewing on the horizon over the sea. Unfortunately, the resolution is quite low, so details are difficult to see.
Are the screenshots real? We can’t answer that, but they fit exactly with sketches recently published by insiders. Among other things, the well-known leaker Tom Henderson confirms that the screenshots actually show Battlefield 6 and come from the reveal trailer:
Link to Twitter content
What can be deduced from this? If the pictures are actually real, then they confirm several rumors about the new Battlefield:
- Weather events like tornadoes play a role.
- The setting actually seems to be Modern Military or the near future, what is shown looks slightly futuristic, but not like Sci-Fi. Allegedly, all of Battlefield 6’s weapons and vehicles are already in development in the real world.
- High-flyers are probably actually controllable.
- Missile launches occur on the map.
This means that the screenshots exactly match the information that we have compiled so far about Battlefield 6:
Battlefield 6 is getting big: Everything we know so far in 12 minutes
When is the reveal trailer coming? It should not be long until the official announcement of Battlefield 6 including the video. After all, the release of the game is still on EA’s plan for 2021, before that there should be an alpha game phase. According to the publisher, the reveal should take place in spring, expert Phil dares a specific forecast:
more on the subject
Battlefield 6 Reveal Date: Our Prediction
Allegedly, Battlefield 6 should not only set new standards in terms of graphics and destruction, but also let more players than ever before on a map. There is talk of up to 128 participants per match – that leads many to believe in a battle royale mode.