Uff, this week Steam’s Midweek Madness is bursting at the seams. Several sales are running in parallel – Japanese role-playing games are heavily discounted, as well as the complete Ubisoft and Capcom lineup and in between there are umpteen other individual offers. For example, various EA games or exotics like the space simulation X4, whose new addon we have just tested.
If we were to list every single offer here, we would be busy until the evening – and that’s not possible because some people here in the editorial office might want to grind the current Halo event, so … we’re concentrating on a few particularly lucrative ones Offers, because some candidates are reduced like never before. Partisans 1941, for example, or Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.
Highlight of the week: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition – This is really new in the remaster
Genre: Action RPG | developer: Bioware | Release: 14. May 2021 | platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One | price: 25 dollars (60 percent discount) | offer ends: March 28, 2022
Well, we probably don’t need to explain to anyone anymore why Mass Effect is one of the best RPGs of all time. A science fiction epic that actually deserves the completely inflationary epic term. A space opera in which you determine the fate of your crew across three huge role-playing games, wrestle with decisions, fall in love and of course fight a lot.
The Mass Effect: Legendary Edition combines all three original Mass Effect games in one package with (almost) all DLCs – including a small remaster beautification along with some comfort improvements. If you’ve already played the originals to the max, you don’t need to upgrade to the remaster at any cost. But if you’ve been toying with the idea of getting yourself a full dose of Mass Effect for a few years now, the current discount is a pretty cool incentive.
The Mass Effect: Legendary Edition has never been so cheap. But be careful: Anyone who owns the Game Pass or EA Play already has the games in the package. So don’t spend double the money unnecessarily. Alternatively, you can, by the way for 10 dollars member of Humble Choice will. Then you get Mass Effect and Desperados 3. A pretty good deal. Many thanks to our wonderful community for pointing this out.
You can find out more about the differences from the original in our GameStar review of Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.
More exciting offers
Mass Effect isn’t the only exciting game on sale. In general, if we pick out a very specific part of a series here – for example Assassin’s Creed Unity or Devil May Cry 5 – then most of the other parts of the series are also greatly reduced. So if you want to play the older parts instead of DMC 5, feel free to dig through Steam’s shallows yourself.
- Partisans 1941: Spiritual successor to Commandos, only on sale on March 16 for 7.50 dollars (reduced by 75 percent).
- Gamedec: Classic single-player role-playing game set in the cyberpunk universe. Only reduced by 25 percent, but for 22.50 dollars it might be worth a look for RPG fans.
- City of Gangsters: Mafia management simulation reduced by 40 percent to 18 dollars if you ever want to rule Chicago.
- It Takes Two: An absolute co-op masterpiece that you won’t forget. 60 percent discount to 16 dollars.
It Takes Two Trailer Shows Why We Are Stronger Together
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: One of the best Star Wars games of recent years, but also one of the only ones. Has never been so cheap on Steam – 75 percent off a tenner.
- Devil May Cry 5: You like fast action brawls? It doesn’t get much better than Devil May Cry 5. Costs 15 dollars (50 percent).
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: Explore ancient Greece in an open world that can still impress four years later. 75 percent discount on 15 dollars.
- Monster Hunter World: The gripping monster hunt for soloists and co-op fans currently only costs 15 dollars (50 percent). The successor Rise is also reduced, but still costs 40 dollars.
- Journey: For the tenth anniversary, this masterpiece has been reduced by half to around 6 dollars. Be sure to play it.
- X4: Foundations: The space simulation will be constantly expanded with new content in 2022. The base game costs around 20 dollars with a 60 percent discount.
- Resident Evil Village: The eighth part of the horror series is reduced to 30 dollars, i.e. by half. Is that worth it? Look here:
more on the subject
Resident Evil 8 in the test with rating
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar’s western masterpiece is also reduced by half to 30 dollars.
- Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana: One of the fastest and coolest action role-playing games has been reduced by 60 percent to 21 dollars.
- Trails in the Sky: Hardly any role-playing game tells such a great story as the Trails saga. The first part is reduced by 50 percent to 8 dollars.
- Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne –HD Remaster: A JRPG you won’t forget, believe us. Reduced by 40 percent to 30 dollars.
- Assassin’s Creed Unity: One of the last ACs with a really cool parkour feeling only costs 4.50 dollars at the moment.
- Yakuza 0: Want to get into the Yakuza series? The chronological first part currently costs only 5 dollars (75 percent).
- The Crew 2: Are you in the mood for an open-world racer and Forza already done? The Crew 2 has many problems, but currently only costs a tenner (80 percent).
All offers in price comparison
You want to know how Steam prices compare directly to GOG, Humble and Gamesplanet? Yes, crazy, as if you knew that the price table is coming:
Oh, what a magnificent table. If there is no offer for you this time, then take a look at our overview of all upcoming Steam sales. And did we miss an important game? If we like your opinion in the comments, we’ll add to the table, because tables can never be too long.
Leave a Reply