Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter Stories 2
- This week Capcom has announced a roadmap for the newly released turn-based RPG Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin which includes five free post-launch updates. This includes the previously announced collab with Monster Hunter Rise, introducing the Palamute companion as a rideable Monstie which arrives on July 15th.
- The second update will arrive on August 5th, adding Hellblade Glavenus and Boltreaver Astalos as new Monsties, alongside a new co-op quest featuring the Elder Dragon Kulve Taroth. Riders will be able to join up together to take on the challenge. While the Elder Dragon won’t have a rideable Monstie form, it will have materials as a reward from the quest and can be used to craft “powerful” new equipment.
- The third title update for Monster Hunter Stories 2 will add Soulseer Mizutsune, Elderfrost Gammoth, and Oroshi Kirin as new Monsties. This update is scheduled to release in early September, which will be followed shortly by the Title Update 4 towards the end of September. This update will bring Dreadking Rathalos and Molten Tigrex as new Monsties, and it will also have Kulve Taroth in a new high-difficulty co-op quest, with greater rewards.
- The last update will come out in October, adding the Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian as Monsties, plus a new co-op quest exclusive monster to part-take in with a high difficulty.
- If you want to know what we thought of this Monster Hunter/hatching turn-based RPG you should check out our Monster Hunter Stories 2 review.
For more on this news find it here in Capcom Outlines Monster Hunter Stories 2’S Post-Launch Content Roadmap.
Dragon Age 4
- A slight update for Dragon Age 4. The developer Bioware have confirmed last week it won’t be taking part in EA’s Play Live event happening later this month. However BioWare executive producer Christian Dailey has shared some new concept art along with an update on twitter stating “the team is heads down with a lot of momentum and making great progress”.
- The tweet shared a new piece of concept art which features what appears to be the Antivan Crows, a group of assassins that have appeared in a few stories in the Dragon Age franchise. While it’s not a whole lot to go on, there is plenty there for speculation.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon Age 4 Concept Art Teases Assassins.
- Bandai Namco have updated the Elden Ring page with more details about the upcoming title. Two new sections have been added which feature details about the Tarnished of the Lands Between, Lore, gameplay mechanics and more about Stealth. These details were also recently discussed in an interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki earlier last month, but have now been added to the official game page plus further tidbits about gameplay mechanics.
- The second section goes over the gameplay mechanics which includes Stealth. Players will be able to customise their character, try “dozens of skills” and use the art of stealth to creep up on enemies. There are a few details bout using the “weather and the time of day” which will play a part in gaining the upper hand over enemies. It also mentions the ability to summon Spirits to aid you, and mastering “arcane magic”.
- Previously Miyazaki went over the concepts mentioned in this info section, but it’s awesome to see these mechanics are all officially on the website.
- If you want more Elden Ring be sure to check out our Elden Ring wiki which covers Lore, Skills as well as the latest Elden Ring info. Elden Ring will release on January 21st 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Elden Ring Gets New Info Section On Bandai Covering The Tarnished, Stealth And Gameplay Mechanics.
- In the latest livestream for Genshin Impact the developer of the Online RPG previewed some of the upcoming content for Update 2.0 which will introduce a new location called Inazuma. The next big update is 2.0 called The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia arriving on July 21st.
- The new location is heavily inspired by Japan with its cherry blossoms and its architecture taking influence from shogun, samurai and ninja. The new region got a new trailer featuring the gorgeous new scenery, a soundtrack recorded with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra and new playable characters that will be joining the game, Ayaka, Yoimiya and Sayu. Ayaka wields a katana and ice, Yoimiya is equipped with a bow and uses fire, as well as Sayu who uses anemo and swings a claymore.
- There are also new challenges such as the Thunder Sojourn, new weapons, artifacts, and more. The region is made up of different islands which will be explorable. Plus a new storyline featuring the Electro Archon Baal.
- There was also confirmation that Genshin Impact will support cross progression between PS4, PS5 and Mihoyo accounts.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact 2.0 Revealed! Screenshots Of Inazuma Location And New Characters: Ayaka, Yoimiyo, Sayu.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong
- The upcoming Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong has been delayed to next year. The narrative RPG originally was expected to launch this year on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5, and PC but will now release in February 2022.
- In case you missed it, Swansong was announced at PDXCon in 2019, set as a narrative-driven RPG, being developed by Big Bad Wolf who has released titles such as The Council, an episodic story-driven game with puzzles. Vampire the Masquerade – Swansong is part of the World of Darkness roleplaying universe.
- A new trailer was released featuring Galeb, who looks to be a much older vampire than the previously introduced Leysha. Galeb has amassed a fortune, established himself as one of the most feared Vampires in the city of Boston, but he’s lost. He looks also to possess mind-control as he causes his victim to pull the trigger and unwillingly ends his life.
For more on this news find it here in Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Delayed To 2022.
Fallout 76 Steel Reign
- Fallout 76‘s latest update is Steel Reign which adds the epic conclusion to the Brotherhood of Steel story. Players will arrive back at Fort Atlas to find rising tension between Paladin Rahmani and Knight Shin reaching its boiling point. Attacks of swarms of Super Mutants and reports of missing people it’s up to you to guide the Brotherhood. Will you take the side of justice or remain committed to duty?
- The update adds a new questline, new locations, gear, Season 5 Scoreboards, Legendary Upgrades, and a Legendary Crafting system. Players can craft legendary items at the Weapon and Armor Workbench as well normal and Legendary Power Armor.
- Fallout 76: Steel Reign is available for free for all Fallout 76 players.
For more on this news find it here in Fallout 76 Steel Reign Update Now Available; Free For All Players.
Solasta Crown of the Magister
- The Sorcerer update was announced releasing for Solasta: Crown of the Magister on July 13th, adding the Sorcerer class with three new subclasses and Iron Man difficulty option. Both of these features were promised to backers during the Kickstarter campaign in 2019. There will also be new dungeon maker environments, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian localizations, Mod.io for GOG along with bug fixes, ongoing polish, and stabilisation.
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister left early access in May this year, and the Sorcerer class update is the first major addition since its full release.
- In case you missed it Solasta is a team-based tactical role-playing game, with each character having a critical role in the campaign. The game is based on the Dungeon & Dragons SRD 5.1 ruleset.
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister is currently available on Steam, with 20% off the standard version and 24% off the Supporter Edition.
For more on this news find it here in Sorcerer Update Coming To Solasta: Crown Of The Magister July 13th.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- This week the developers of Baldur’s Gate 3, Larian Studios released details for upcoming Patch 5. The game which is currently in Early Access will receive its next major patch on July 13th. It will bring combat and AI improvements, visual upgrades to weapons and cinematics.
- Patch 5 also adds the active role system, where players will gain the ability to apply spells and bonuses to their rolls in order to sway the odds in their favour. There are also secret miniquests based on each character’s background and the addition of Camp Resources.
- AI is also getting a “serious tune-up” according to Larian, making enemies more intelligent and resourceful. If you want to get all the major patch details and what this means for you be sure to check out our Baldur’s Gate 3 Major Changes video.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 5 Major Changes: Combat And Gameplay Improvements.
Dark Souls III
- It’s time to praise the sun, Xbox Series X and S players as the Dark Souls III game has received an FPS Boost this week, which results a new 60 FPS, results for both Xbox Series X and S. Compared to the Xbox One version that has a cap of 30 FPS.
- What the FPS Boost does is remove the cap and gives an even performance on newer consoles. The article which was posted by Digital Foundry does point out that the game still renders at 900p as the resolution has not been touched on the Xbox version.
For more on this news find it here in Dark Souls III Now Has FPS Boost On Xbox Series X|S.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: