First the foundation, then the house: Creative Assembly also wants to align Total War: Warhammer 3 with this basic building principle. As the developers explain in a blog post, numerous improvements in the strategy game should first come before new content such as the eagerly awaited Mortal Empires or the blood DLC will follow on this basis.
The starting signal for the implementation is given Update 1.1 for Total War: Warhammer 3, which is scheduled for release in early April. We summarize the important adjustments in patch 1.1 and what is planned beyond that for you here.
If you need a heads-up on how strong the game is, aside from its technical issues, check out our big test video:
Total War: Warhammer 3 – Test video for the strategy epic
This is in Update 1.1
The first major update for Total War: Warhammer 3 includes numerous gameplay and balance changes as well as numerous bug fixes. These are loud Creative Assembly the adjustments to the Chaos realm that have important implications for the campaign:
- The strength of negative realm traits has been reduced by around 50%.
- Legendary demon lords are no longer encumbered by the negative traits of their patron god.
- Traits acquired in the realm of chaos are now removed when a legendary lord completes the struggle for survival in that realm.
- Soul Gathering rewards have been improved by offering additional bonuses for a limited time.
- If a player intercepts an AI Lord in the Soul Forge, their souls will now be lost – and they will have to restart their collection. This should make it easier to interrupt the soul race.
- The “Protection” building chain can now be used to prevent cracks from spawning in the province they are built in.
Particularly important: The last two points are intended to ensure that the time pressure is reduced by the campaign mechanics, or that players have options to choose from to reduce it. AI opponents can now be defeated directly at the forge and thus throw back significantly.
Also interesting: As of patch 1.1, the construction of the “Protection” building chain can prevent chaos portals from spawning in a province at all. So you have more control over access to souls as they are collected by traveling to the Chaos Realm.
What the changes mean
Overall, Total War: Warhammer 3 should be easier to play as a quasi-sandbox. So if you are rather annoyed by the campaign and are eagerly waiting for Mortal Empires to be played freely, you could have more fun in the strategy game after Update 1.1.
In addition, Update 1.1 for Total War Warhammer 3 includes numerous other changes, including to faction balance and supply lines. Urgently needed error corrections are also included. After all, the strategy game has been struggling with numerous problems since its release:
Total War: Warhammer 3
Release overshadowed by technical trouble
Roadmap: What the future holds for Total War: Warhammer 3
The developers emphasize that only the technical and gaming problems of Total War: Warhammer 3 should be fixed. After that, the hopefully solid base should serve as a starting point for a roadmap full of DLCs, but also free updates.
Creative Assembly has not yet revealed exactly what is planned next to Mortal Empires and the Blood Pack. At least they hinted that Total War: Warhammer 3 should surpass its predecessor in terms of additional content in the long run.