Viego, the fallen king who came out of the dark, will be a new jungler. He looks even more frightening than Fiddlesticks and has a terrifying execution.
see also: Is Wild Rift the future of League of Legends? Our impressions from the beta
Riot Games celebrated the start of the 11th season of League of Legends with a live broadcast on January 8th, in which new information about all games related to the Runeterra universe was published. Obviously, his flagship game didn’t escape direct play, with the announcement of the next champion landing on the Rift: Viego.
The champion was featured in a short video; He is shown as a shadow creature who wants to steal a soul from Senna, Lucian’s wife. The latter will be especially important in Runeterra’s lore as he is none other than one of the main characters in the next game in the universe of Riot Games MOBA, a story from the League of Legends: A Ruined King. Viego will be the king in question.
Here are his skills in League of Legends (currently without an official translation):
- Passive, Sovereign Rule: Viego can temporarily own an enemy champion that it participated in the elimination by participating in its maximum HP. While in possession, Viego’s items, attacks and abilities (minus the ultimate) take the form of the enemy’s possessed and he can use his own ultimate heartbreaker for free.
Possession of an enemy also gives Viego movement speed when heading towards an enemy champion.
- A, L’Epe du Roi Dchu: Passive. Viego attacks deal damage based on a percentage of HP as bonus damage. When Viego attacks an enemy he recently met with skill, there are two attacks. The second iteration of the attack drains health from the target instead of dealing normal damage and can be a critical hit.
Active. Viego strikes forward with his sword, dealing damage to all enemies it hits.
- Z, Spectral Maw. Viego attacks, then leaps forward and throws a haze that stuns and deals damage to the enemy’s first hit. The duration of the stunning and the clouding gate increases with the loading time.
- E, Harrowed Path. Viego spreads a wave of dark fog around a nearby wall. Viego is camouflaged in the fog and gains attack and movement speed (similar pattern and higher door than Qiyana Ultimate).
- R, Viego gets rid of the possessed bodies and moves forward, attacking the enemy champion who has the lowest percentage of health, while dealing extra damage due to his lack of health.
The release date of Viego has not been disclosed. It should arrive on the PBE (test server) very soon.