In July 2016 Level-5 revealed what would be his last cross-media project: Megaton Musashi which will include an RPG, a television show, a range of toys and more. What they did confirm is that this new IP, which will immerse us in a futuristic world that has been partially destroyed, would make its appearance in Nintendo 3DS. Since then the information about this project has barely arrived with a dropper, causing many players to forget about it completely.
In December 2019 the Japanese company finally revealed new details of it at Jump Festa 2020 and they are the following:
- Megaton Musashi to launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, iOS and Android, although a specific release date has not been shared.
- A teaser trailer of the game.
- As well as the «full version» of the promotional video for this Jump Festa 2020 title.
The last time we heard of Megaton Musashi was at the presentation of the Tokyo Game Show 2020 by Level-5. Two new pilot characters were introduced there, Reiji AmemiyOh Jun Kirishima. The main characters mentioned, along with the first three types of robots, were featured at this latest event.
Well, this time Level-5 has announced that it will share more details about the robotic action RPG Megaton Musashi at the Jump Festa 2021 Online that will take place on December 19-20, 2020.
These are all the details they have shared:
- The company has confirmed on its Jump Festa 2021 website that the game will come to PS5
- The game’s producer and CEO of Level-5, Akihiro Hino, will host the broadcast.
- It will also feature voice actors Toshiki Masuda, Soma Saito, y Shunsuke Takeuchi, who will voice the main characters Yamato Ichidaiji, Teru Asami, and Ryugo Hijikata, respectively. Together, they will reveal even more new characters and provide first-hand experiences of the gameplay.
Megaton Musashi is an action RPG that will feature an online cooperative mode and a robust robot customization system in which players will be able to freely change their robot parts, weapons and colors. The game is currently in development for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
What do you think?