As you all know, YouTube It is an ideal platform to be able to see a multitude of videos on the most diverse topics and, of course, also the news, trailers related to the world of video games. Its accessibility on all types of devices makes it used by millions of people around the world every day.
However, as everything has a less friendly part and that is none other than the people who get fed giving dislikes / I don’t like the videos
Well, we get some of the most interesting news related to YouTube. The popular video-sharing website has confirmed that as of today will hide the count of dislikes/I do not like it. These are the details that have been shared:
- The negative vote button will still be there, and the fact that you don’t like the content will continue to influence your recommendations, but the count will not be shown to the public.
- Content creators will be able to see it in their analytics, in case they want to know that data.
- The reason for hiding the count dislikes/ I don’t like it is that the button has been used in a deeply hurtful and toxic way on the Internet. The anonymity of those voting buttons can allow people to target and harass content creators on the basis of race, sexuality, gender, politics, and other factors. In other words, they pretend stop bullying
- Removing the visible count is an attempt to avoid aggressive and potentially harmful campaigns towards any content.
- This is the message they have shared from the platform:
We want to create an inclusive and respectful space where creators have the opportunity to prosper and feel confident to express their ideas. This is just one of many steps we are taking to continue to protect creators from harassment.
What do you think of this measure?