Like any subculture, speed running is known for developing its own unique vocabulary that can sometimes sound like a completely different language. Luckily we have people like Abyssoft To act as our Sherpas and to lead us up the treacherous speed running mountain. His latest video explained New Pokémon Snap‘s “Obama skip,” the newest “what the hell does that mean” term added to the community lexicon.
Obama Skip actually has very little to do with the former US President, other than the fact that his name sounds similar to Abomasnow, the Ice and Grass Pokémon that the tech was bypassed. Abomasnow’s antics at Shiver Snowfield are frustrating New Pokémon Snap
Obviously, Obama Skip is nowhere near the most bizarre speed running term. Abyssoft even lists a few at the beginning of its video, including Great metroid‘s “Soft poops” Super Mario Kart‘s “Jesus mushroom,” and Metroid Prime‘s “Ice jet from Flaaghra to Flaaghra. ”But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Here are a few more that I find particularly funny:
- “Face slaps“, A technique that works in several Tony Hawks Pro Skater Games that expand the length and height of a jump on foot.
- “Elevator sip“Which is just one way to skip an elevator Super Mario 3D land whose name was misspelled by the person who discovered it.
- “The tower Flippy Skippy Tricky Flingy Wingy Swingy Ding,” a portal Trick that speaks for itself.
- The “Ass breast”Is an invisible treasure chest in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- And who can forget that Super Mario Odyssey‘s “wet nut crack“Which is a really good description of how the infinite jump glitch is performed while sounding wonderfully indecent.
The most humorous thing about Obama-Skip, at least for me, is that the name far outshines the trick. So as not to diminish its importance New Pokémon Snap Speed running, but the reference to one of the most popular and well-known presidents in United States history made me believe it would be a little, I don’t know, more noticeable. I guess they can’t all be as great as the wet nut crack.