Today Rockstar Games announced a new paid monthly subscription service for GTA+ Grand Theft Auto Online. GTA+, which launches on March 28th, will only be available to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S players, and will offer players who sign up for it monthly cash deposits, exclusive access to new rewards, double and triple XP events and more .
Included in the newly announced service, which costs $6 a month, is a varied list of bonuses and perks. Some are better than others. Most players will probably be interested in the $500,000 monthly deposit GTA Online bank account. If you want to buy that much money through a Shark Card, it will cost you $10. For that reason alone, the plan could be worthwhile for some.
Another benefit is early access to a new car and free upgrades for that car, exclusively for GTA+ members. And GTA+ subscribers get a free car shop and membership to the LS Car Meet, which is especially great for new or returning players. The LS Car Meet and Dealership Missions are some of the best new content GTA Online has in game currently.
Here’s the full list of all Rockstar offers for GTA+ subscribers in their first month and beyond:
- $500,000 will be automatically deposited into your Maze bank account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight – along with a free Hao’s Special Works upgrade f or it before it’s available for purchase to the general public – plus HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The auto shop in La Mesa. Current auto repair shop owners can relocate at no additional cost.
- Waiver of LS Car Meet membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will receive a GTA$50,000 refund during this event.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolapse Basketball Top and Shorts will be an automatic addition to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor livery for Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free Auto Shop colors and emblems.
- 3x GTA$ and RP on Haos Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Street Race Series representative.
For a first month and for only $6, this isn’t a terrible List of treats and perks. However, Rockstar also promises to continue offering new and exclusive rewards and gifts to GTA+ members over time. Hopefully the coming months will feature better rewards or more useful exclusive items. Personally, I would like to see that monthly deposit increase to even $1 million.
Rockstar has confirmed this igamesnews that all bonus items, such as cars and yachts, stay with players even after they stop paying for the service. It also confirmed that the coming months will include new exclusive early access to upcoming vehicles.
Recently, Rockstar’s massive open-world online crime simulator made the leap to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. shows that there is no sign of it going away any time soon. Now we have GTA+ and even more proof of it GTA Online is far from dead. However, it is strange that neither the newly updated edition of the game nor this new subscription option is available for PC gamers. igamesnews has contacted Rockstar regarding its plans for PC gamers.
Rockstar isn’t the first company to introduce a premium subscription service for an ongoing live game. Another example is Epic’s similarly structured Fortnite Crew subscription Started December 2020.