We’re excited to announce that Days of Play is back in 2021 to celebrate the passionate PlayStation community around the world!
We wanted to make this year’s event even more special and engaging for our players. That’s why this year’s Days of Play will feature a variety of activities over a few weeks to celebrate the power of gaming and the vibrancy of our community by connecting players together.
PlayStation Player Celebration *
The PlayStation Player celebration is back! This special event calls on our gaming community to come together to achieve a set of common goals and earn exclusive PSN avatars and PS4 themes in the process. **
Registration begins today and will remain open until May 31. The first step starts on May 18 – here are the steps to participate:
Sign up with your PSN login ID here. Once registered, you are automatically registered for all future stages of the program.
The event is open to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 users in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Europe, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and States -United.
2. Start playing on May 18th
There are three stages throughout the event, with the first stage starting on May 18th. Each stage will have the following community objectives:
Objective of the games
● Play PS4 / PS5 games – the Community must play a target number of matches each week. Each PS4 / PS5 game that each participant plays for at least one hour (over as many sessions as you want during the week) will count towards the games goal. You will win double points towards the goal if you play games with users from your friends list (who also signed up to participate).
Objective of the trophies
● Win trophies – the Community must win a target number of trophies each week. Each participant can have a maximum of six PS4 / PS5 trophies counted towards the trophies objective.
● If the first set of objectives is completed before the end of each stage, there will be a new set of bonus objectives that the community can work towards.
3. Earn exclusive PSN avatars and PS4 themes
Anyone who registers before the start of a stage can earn exclusive PSN avatars as well as dynamic PS4 themes (with music and custom icons) when the community meets the game and trophy goals for that stage.
If the community also meets the bonus goals for the stage, players who signed up before the start of that stage will receive additional PSN avatars.
Finally, if the community goals for all stages are met (excluding bonus goals), players who have signed up and participated in all three stages will receive a cumulative prize consisting of an exclusive PSN avatar and a set of PS4 themes!
Rewards will be delivered directly to your PS4 or PS5 via notifications approximately 1-2 days after completing each stage. Please note that PS4 themes will only be downloadable on PS4, not PS5.
See the table below to see the goals for each step. The goals are reset at each step.
First stageMay 18, 12:00 p.m. PDT – May 24 11:59 p.m. PDT
May 18, 8:00 a.m. BST – May 25, 7:59 a.m. BST
2.4M Games played
7.2 M Trophies won
An exclusive PS4 dynamic theme
An exclusive PSN avatar
Second stepMay 25, 12:00 p.m. PDT – May 31 11:59 p.m. PDT
May 25, 8:00 a.m. BST – June 1, 7:59 a.m. BST
2.9 million Games played
8.5 million Trophies won
Five exclusive PSN avatars
Third stepJune 1, 12:00 p.m. PDT – June 7 11:59 p.m. PDT
June 1, 8:00 a.m. BST – June 8, 7:59 a.m. BST
3.0 M Games played
9.0 M Trophies won
An exclusive PS4 dynamic theme
An exclusive PSN avatar
|If all of the goals (excluding bonus goals) are met, participants who participated each week will receive an additional PSN avatar and a PS4 dynamic theme.|
Click here to learn more about the PlayStation Player celebration, follow the latest progress on goals and view the official rules here. Be sure to come back often to see how the community is doing, when each goal has been met, and when the next step begins.
Days of Play Celebration Sale
A Days of Play sale kicks off later this month, and the sale will include PS4 and PS5 software titles, other select merchandise, and more. The products offered and the prices vary by region. We’ll have more details to share soon, so stay tuned!
Free Online Multiplayer Weekend
If you haven’t tried the Online Multiplayer Perk for PlayStation Plus yet, later this month we’re hosting a Free Online Multiplayer Weekend where you can access the online multiplayer modes of PS4 and PS5 games that you can enjoy. you possess. (Online multiplayer game sold separately. Requires internet connection and PlayStation Network account.)
Share of the week
To celebrate Days of Play, the PlayStation blog will also host a specially themed part of the week. The first theme will be announced on May 14, so be sure to keep an eye out for that.
We hope you enjoy this year’s Days of Play and look forward to playing together. Good game!
* Registration from May 11 to May 31. The competition ends on June 7th. The PlayStation gaming community can earn rewards for contributing and achieving weekly community goals. If you play with PSN friends, your contribution counts twice towards the game goal. PlayStation Plus membership is not required to enter or earn rewards. See the official rules: playstation.com/days-of-play-celebration-rules. Participants must be 18 years of age and over. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
** Participants who are PS5 users will not be able to download dynamic PS4 themes.