EA and DICE are very clear that their most recent war game did not live up to the expectations of the players, but fortunately we can say that they did not abandon this title to their fate and they are striving to improve it. Recently added voice chat to the game y made a difficult decision regarding a 128 player mode. But here comes the biggest update of Battlefield 2042 so far: Season 1 ‘Zero Hour’ featuring the new ‘Exposure’ map, Specialist Ewelina Lis, new weapons, vehicles like helicopters, gameplay changes, and a Battle Pass.
Let’s get to know all these news:
What is the release date of the season?
The new map ‘Exposure’, specialist Ewelina Lis, stealth helicopters, changes to the map ‘Kaleidoscope’, the battle pass and other new features of season 1 ‘Zero Hour’ are coming to Battlefield 2042
New map: ‘Exposure’
This battlefield in the Canadian Rockies surrounds a secret military installation. This new map will take advantage of its verticality to offer variety to the ground-air battles and make the most of the new stealth helicopters of Battlefield 2042.
New Specialist: Ewelina Lis
The new combatant joins the No-Pats as a specialist in destroying armored vehicles thanks to her rocket launcher. She will be a fearsome opponent, especially with new helicopters to look out for such as avoiding her homing projectiles and her ‘Armor Hunter’ ability, which reveals damaged vehicles on the map.
New Vehicles: Stealth Helicopters
The RAH-68 Huron and the YG-99 Hannibal they will be equipped with advanced defensive abilities and a radar evasion system. When in stealth mode they won’t have access to their usual arsenal, but can resort to a barrage.
New Weapons and Items in Season 1 Battlefield 2042
- Ballesta Ghostmaker R10
- BSV-M sniper rifle: A rifle for medium range combat.
- smoke grenade launcher: Perfect for covering a squad retreat or surprising the enemy.
‘Kaleidoscope’ map changes
One of the biggest changes in Battlefield 2042 Season 1 ‘Zero Hour’ pertains to the Kaleidoscope map. It will receive more cover to make traversing it less frustrating, improved destruction effects, and new areas, such as a base of operations in the park and a command center near the tower.
Other news in season 1 Battlefield 2042
- PORTAL: New features and tools for creators, including arsenal from past games like Battlefield 3
- Season 1 Battle Pass Battlefield 2042: In this 100 level pass, with one paid route and one free, we will find new weapons, vehicles, cosmetics and much more. All items that affect gameplay, such as the new operator, belong to the free track and will be available even after the end of the season.
what comes to Battlefield 2042 in the future?
- Improvements and changes to the ‘Renewal’ map in Season 2.
- Changes and new dialogue phrases for specialists.
- Improvements to character models and animation.
- Weapon recoil animation changes.
- Performance improvements in general.