The Fall Guys Patch Notes gives you an overview of all the improvements, new content or subtle changes that are happening in the Madcap multiplayer game.
Since Fall Guys is now a free game, you’ll probably want to know what other changes have been implemented to the game so you don’t fall behind… (I don’t like puns, but, annoyingly, that walk here.)
Below are the latest Fall Guys Season 1 Patch Notes.
On this page:
Fall Guys Patch Notes: What’s New in Season 1?
Below are the Fall Guys Season 1 patch notes, which were released on Wednesday, June 20. These patch notes cover everything that was added or changed when the free version of Fall Guys was released.
Credit for the following goes to Epic Games as the patch notes were copied verbatim from the Fall Guys website:
New towers and obstacles!
Free for All features 7 new rounds at launch, plus 5 new obstacles!
- Hex-A-Ring: You’ve heard of Hex-a-Gone, but have you ever tried jumping from tile to tile while the whole floor is spinning? It certainly sounds difficult, but you seem up for a challenge!
- Volley drop: Volleyfall asks, who can knock the ball across the court without other players hitting it back into yours? Whoever touches the ball to the ground of the other player wins!
- Speed circuit: Speed Circuit brings a new level of chaos and momentum to Fall Guys! Navigate through the obstacles in your way and complete three laps of the circuit without being thrown into the misty mud.
- Track Attack: This is truly a glove to test your Fall Guys skills. With obstacles like speed arches, jump ropes and bouncy floors, you’re bound to learn a thing or two. For experienced players and new players alike, there are plenty of ways to reach the finish line in this iconic track of speed and agility.
- Bouncing Party: We all love bouncy castles, but what’s it like to cross the Blunderdome on one? The new material used in Bounce Party makes the floor very bouncy. One jump and you’ll fly! The bouncy floor can be your friend or foe as you bounce through hoops to score points.
- The swivel: In this spinning trick, players spawn on a rotating ring and must jump over oncoming jump ropes to avoid falling into the Slime! If you get your jump timing wrong, you’ll be getting pink slime out of your ears for weeks!
- Explosive bullet: Last but not least, welcome to Blast Ball. Players spawn on a platform in the Fall Guys arena, with parts of that platform collapsing over time. Collect the Blast Balls and throw them to make you fall into the slime!
More! We have a very special new secret round we’ll be launching later this season, but you’ll know more about that soon!
Even more novelties!
- You can now voice chat when you are in a party with your friends!
- New shoes added to custom shows (including stadium stars)!
- Most Custom Shows can now be run with only 2 players – woo!
- We’ve added new rewards, including the Legendary Golden Dragon, to Crown Ranks.
- You can now view Crown Rank progress on a separate screen.
- You will now have Weekly and Marathon Challenges available to complete alongside Daily Challenges.
- New Season Pass with 100 huge levels, with the possibility of using level skips!
- All players will automatically have access to unlock 50 levels!
- New store layout.
- You can now dive with tails and crowns!
- Automatic catch! Free for All introduces the ability to auto grab ledges in-game and this will be enabled for all new players who join! Beans that have been with us for a while will have autofill turned off by default (we don’t want to mess with your muscle memory), but you can change that in your game settings! All players will now autom atically scale grabbed ledges.
- A prompt will now display when the crown is present, reminding you to grab it.
Fixes and improvements!
its list is not exhaustive – but here are the main fixes of this update!
- Major optimizations in various areas of memory usage, reducing instances of crashes on PlayStation.
- Improvements to PlayStation FPS on item rich levels such as Fruit Chute, Slime Climb, Lost Temple and more.
- Improvements to tails grabbed from a distance by players experiencing high latency.
- If multiple squads score 0 points (especially in modes such as Xtreme Squads), they will be eliminated instead of linking up and advancing to the next round Fixed an exploit on tile levels such as Thin Ice, where players could jump and avoid breaking tiles. (Thin Ice is back!)
- Fixed a Tail Tag exploit where players could stand on a catwalk and evade capture.
- Fixed instances in Royal Fumble where the tail would disappear if the player with it disconnected.
- Fixed pipes at the end of Pipe Dream overtaking players at the finish line.
- Fixed Options menu appearing randomly during gameplay on PS4.
- Fixed displaying “Multiple shows selected” when queuing for a single show in a party.
- Fixed hoops appearing too high to reach on levels such as Hoopsie Daisy.
- Fixed players queuing together and being placed in separate squads.
- Fixed player instances respawning in Xtreme mode.
- Fixed Clank appearing yellow instead of red or blue in Team Tail Tag.
- Fixed Thin Ice music in Finals Marathon.
When will future Fall Guys updates arrive?
We don’t know when the next set of Fall Guys patch notes and related updates will arrive. However, if you want to stay up to date with the game, we recommend following the Fall Guys Twitter account.
Since Epic Games has already posted an abbreviated version of the patch notes on this account, it’s safe to assume that they will do the same in the future.
We squashed some bugs in preparation for Free for All
Here are our best fixes in this juicy update!
🪲 BUG FIXUS – ONE THREAD 🪲
🐛 Major optimizations to various memory usage areas, reducing instances of crashes on PlayStation pic.twitter.com/8k1B42lapz
— Fall Guys… FREE FOR EVERYONE TODAY! 👑 (@FallGuysGame) June 20, 2022
You can also keep an eye on the Fall Guys website where the next set of patch notes will be released in full.
Have fun in Fall Guys!