It is highly recommended that you spend time enabling 2FA (two-factor authentication) for your Fortnite Account.
Not only will this protect your account from potential scammers, but you can also earn an exclusive emote for your problem. Fortnite cups also require 2FA to be enabled in order to earn rewards like skins.
Here is how to enable 2FA in Fortniteand what you will get for it.
How to activate Fortnite 2FA
Epic Games has provided an in-depth process for enabling 2FA in Fortnite. You can find a step-by-step breakdown below:
- Go to the ‘Account’ page.
- Click on the “Password and Security” tab.
- Under the “Two-factor authentication” heading, click the 2FA option you want to enable:
- Third-party authentication app: Use an authenticator app like two-factor authentication (2FA). When you log in, you will need to use the security code provided by your Authenticator app.
- SMS Authentication: Use your phone as two-factor authentication (2FA) when you log in, you’ll need to use the security code Epic sends you via text message.
- Enable Email Authentication: Use a security code sent to your email address as two-factor authentication (2FA). The security code will be sent to the address associated with your account. You will need to use it when logging in.
- If you choose to use an authenticator app for 2FA, these common authenticator apps can be found in your mobile device’s app store.
- Check that 2FA is enabled
- Refresh your account page and confirm that the authentication method shows as enabled by looking for the blue button that says “Enabled”.
Please note that if you choose more than one authentication method, you will need to check the “Make this my primary Two-Factor authentication method” box on your preferred contact method.
Chapter 3 Season 2 is here! New additions include the Prowler skin, as well as the return of jetpacks and Choppas. As we enter the final month of Season 2, it’s a good idea to know how to get XP fast in Fortnite. You can also complete resistance challenges, including collecting signal jammers and finding an energy fluctuation. Don’t forget the seasonal challenges, which include planting saplings and calling in an airstrike on a tank. Meanwhile, the Victory Crowns and Character Collection are back, along with a new Victory Umbrella to earn.
Exclusive Boogie Down Emote
Once you’ve enabled 2FA in Fortnite, reload the game and you’ll receive the Boogie Down emote. This is your reward for securing your account, and it’s the only way to get this emote currently.
Why should you enable Fortnite two-factor authentication
There are a number of reasons to enable 2FA in Fortnite. The main thing is to protect your account from fraudsters. Having an extra step when logging into your account makes it harder for someone to gain access, which is recommended if you have linked payment methods. V-Bucks scams are unfortunately quite common, so adding that extra layer of security means you’ll be less likely to be hacked.
If you are looking to participate in Fortnite Cup events, you will also need to enable 2FA. This is so that you can earn the rewards associated with each event. For example, the recent Obi-Wan Cup allowed players to earn the Obi-Wan skin for the competition. This was only possible if you had 2FA enabled.
Finally, having two Factors active on your account will allow you to gift items in the Item Shop. You can buy and gift everything from skins to V-Bucks and send them to your friends.
Here’s how to enable 2FA on your Fortnite account. For more on the game, check out our guide to the current Fortnite map, to make sure you’ve unlocked all Named Locations.
Leave a Reply