90s crime thriller The Big Con by Mighty Yell and Skybound Games will be released on August 31 for Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One & PC
Indie developer Mighty Yell and publisher Skybound Games are delighted to announce that their 90s crime adventure The Big Con will be released on August 31st on Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC via Steam for $ 12.49.
The Big Con tells a crazy coming-of-age story with an open ending, unexpected situations, puzzles and discoveries … and a lot of rip-offs!
The brand new behind-the-scenes trailer can be seen here:
Mighty Yell’s new Behind-the-Scenes trailer, which also reveals the release date of The Big Con, takes a deep dive into the ongoing audition process for the game’s monumental 13-word (and no, that’s not a typo) script for the game.
With such a script in which every syllable carries an immense weight, there is only one logical solution: The American fans themselves can submit their own personal casting video to get the chance to immortalize their voice in the game!
To spread the good news, Mighty Yell has asked some of the gaming industry’s best-known voice acting talents to spearhead the search for the next big stars.
Four big names who won’t appear in The Big Con themselves present themselves in the new trailer – Troy Baker (The Last Of Us, Uncharted), Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead), Melissa Hutchison (The Walking Dead) and Courtenay Taylor ( Mass Effect, Resident Evil) helped start this fun community competition.
The main role in The Big Con is played by the teenage con artist Ali, who does everything she can to protect her mother’s video library from unscrupulous loan sharks. In this colorful adventure with crisp puzzles and witty dialogues, it is up to the players how they get their money: roam the country as a pickpocket, pick locks, convince targets, sneak around in disguise and even benefit from the latest plush fashion.
- A cheeky comic adventure with situations with many endings, puzzles and discoveries
- Crimes are cool now! Pickpocketing, sneaking around, dressing up and cheating on anyone players come across
- Through clever dialogues, players land deals or talk their way out of tricky situations
- Weird 90s characters who can either rip off players or support them (if that’s what you want)
- Originator Theme song from the “On the hunt for Carmen Sandiego” house band Rockapella
- Finally call home on the landline – including an argument with your mother!
From July 22nd to July 27th, all those who live in the USA have the opportunity to submit their own casting video. The development studio has made it easier than ever to give everyone the chance to challenge some of the industry’s greatest vocal talents.