- Season 5 kicks off with new multiplayer, zombies and warzone content, including the new Double Agent mode, an investigative multiplayer experience full of sabotage and fraud.
- Step up your battle against the undead horde with new zombies content like the new Death Perception Perk-a-Cola, the Tesla Stormfield Upgrade and the Flamethrower.
- Warzone gets its first exclusive perks: Combat Scout and Tempered. Also, compete in 50v50 battles in Clash and fight your way out of the new Rush Gulag.
After the Jumpseat satellites have been successfully decommissioned, the Warsaw Pact can implement its plan – a broadcast of the mind-altering number program. The chaos subsides when operators who were once friends start attacking each other. To make matters worse, there is a spy among us.
New multiplayer mode: double agent
Season five introduces Double Agent, a brand new investigative multiplayer experience. In the game, several players are assigned as double agents who have to sabotage the mission. Unmask the traitors before they wipe out the investigation team.
It starts with up to 10 operators who are assigned one of three roles:
- Double agents: Eliminate everyone else or successfully set off explosive charges on the map.
- The investigator: Use hints to target suspected double agents as Wanted.
- Operator: Work together to eliminate the duplicate agents before it’s too late.
Operators are given their roles and can use a variety of weapons and skills to carry out their orders, including powerful items like gas mines, spy planes, and the battle bow.
The fan-favorite Demolition multiplayer mode will later be released in Season 5 and make its own Black Ops Cold War
Four new weapons
Dominate your enemies with four new season five weapons:
- EM2 assault rifle (start week) – A well-rounded fully automatic assault rifle with a built-in low-optic zoom. Get it at level 15 of the Season Five Battle Pass.
- TEC 9 SMG (start week) – A semi-automatic SMG with improved accuracy at long range, low recoil, and a slower rate of fire. Unlock it at level 31 of the Season Five Battle Pass.
Unlock two more weapons – the Cane Melee Weapon and Marshal’s Pistol – by completing in-game challenges or purchasing their respective bundles in the store when they arrive later in the season.
Five additional multiplayer maps
- Echelon (6v6, introductory week): On this brand new map on the Teufelsberg – Devil’s Mountain – in West Germany, operators fight through rain and ashes after the last operation of Perseus.
- Slums (6v6, introductory week): First introduced in Black Ops II, Slums has a classic three-lane layout deep in Panama City. Fight in the back streets and around the central fountain.
- Showroom (2v2 / 3v3, introductory week): Use this little map designed for Gunfight and Face Off to compete in sales displays and kiosks. To be featured in an upcoming gunfight tournament.
- Drive-In (6v6, in season): A cult classic from the original Black Ops, Drive-In returns in time for its 10th anniversary as part of the 2011 Annihilation Map Pack. Set in an abandoned drive-in theater in the Midwest, this map features hot zones for every weapon type.
- Zoo (6v6, during the season): Other Black Ops The Classic Zoo takes operators through bear pits and aquariums, including a monorail that offers great views of the action below.
New Scorestreak: Flamethrower
Burn enemies with the Flamethrower, a new inexpensive scorestreak that fires a steady burst of flames and annihilates enemies within range. Use it to increase your score on Scorestreaks with a higher cost as long as you control the deadly fire.
New zombies perk, field upgrade, and support weapon
Tucker with the new Death Perception Perk-a-Cola to see hidden enemies more clearly by giving them a bright outline. Spend Aetherium Crystals to further strengthen its abilities, up to skill level V.
Equip the new Tesla Storm Field Upgrade to summon lightning bolts between you and your allies, stunning and damaging the enemies who get in its way. Improve the ability to stun stronger enemies and increase the movement speed of your squad.
Introduce the new flamethrower as an additional support weapon against the undead to help your squad in a difficult situation or whenever a little extra firepower is most needed when attempting an exfil.
New outbreak region: collateral
The Dark Aether continues to expand and a new eruption zone appears in the Algerian desert. Fight the undead around the area’s natural rock structures, a satellite out of orbit, and oil drilling in this vast new area.
New breakout target, vehicle and equipment
Season five features a new outbreak destination called Transport. In this vehicle-oriented quest, players have to hold a wheeled requiem machine in one piece while under constant attack.
Have you spotted an orda on the horizon? Get on board the new armored vehicle equipped with a powerful cannon and mounted turret to fight even the toughest zombies.
Craft the new grab cannon for faster movement in the Outbreak Zone and expect even more zombies content in season five, including the new Ikari EggXit bonus card in Dead Ops Arcade 3 and additional information on the Dark Aether story in Outbreak.
New Warzone Perks, Points of Interest, Gulag, and more
New perks: Combat Scout and Tempered
For the first time, War zone receives two exclusive perks, each with its own set of perks that can dramatically change your equipment choices.
With Combat Scout, operators get a burst of information in the field as damage to an enemy briefly highlights them in bright orange and automatically pings them. Reinforce your armor with hardened items, increasing its damage resistance at the expense of two armor plate porting places.
New POIs: Mobile broadcasting stations
Perseus’s allies have set up a network of mobile broadcasting stations across Verdansk. These locations change from game to game, so keep your eyes peeled and stop by when you see one for more information and for new rewards.
New gulag: rush
Consisting of the main paintball arena, the rush gulag should feel at home for players who are busy with it Black Ops Cod War The multiplayer map was introduced in Season Four Reloaded. Get your practice now before rush arrives at the gulag.
New mode and event
Prepare for the 50v50 battle when Clash comes War zone. A spiritual successor to War zone Rumble, Clash offers teams unlimited respawns in a deathmatch up to 200 points. Look out for contracts and public events that can turn the tide in combat.
Later in Season 5, expect the next step in the evolution of the mysterious Red Doors. Be careful as their increased volatility has resulted in operators being sent to new locations.
New Battle Pass, Operator and more
Season five brings all of this and more with a new Battle Pass, three new playable Operators – Kitsune, Stryker and Hudson – new levels of prestige, new Seasonal Challenges in Multiplayer and Zombies, and more. And now in the fifth season, players can unlock an additional, exclusive Kitsune operator skin by purchasing the Battle Pass bundle at the beginning of the season.
Haven’t joined the fight yet? To get Black Ops Cold War in the Xbox Store today, and play season five today!