He was waiting and finally Codemasters announced that the update is now available for Dirt 5 2.00. This update not only fixes various visual issues that the game had, it also adds some interesting news such as support for steering wheels on Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
The game now supports the latest steering wheels, including the latest lineup from Logitech and Thrustmaster. Along with the PC version, the update adds steering wheel support for the console and all compatible Xbox One and PS4 devices now work like their next-gen counterpart.
DIRT 5 Improvements for Xbox Series and Xbox
- More general visual and performance improvements across the board, including visual updates to Prioritize Frame Rate / 120Hz on Xbox Series X
- More FPS improvements when using Picture Quality mode on Xbox One and PS4
- Fixed issues causing lights to flicker during night time events
- Fixed the issue where the game was stuck in the Career – Sponsors tab when selecting an Amplified Edition sponsor
- Further improvements have been made to the behavior of the AI, especially in racing
- Fixed instance of cars triggering incorrect track reset in Arizona – Merrick Butte location
- Fixed issues causing crashes in post-race menus
- Sprint Cars – Changes to the driving model based on community feedback
- General stability and quality of life improvements on each platform to improve your experience
In the following video you can see the game improvements in action after the last patch: