Embracer Group is definitely very greedy. The parent company of THQ Nordic, Saber Interactive and even Gearbox announced the acquisition of eight new studios this week. The newly acquired development teams are very diverse, from mobile to virtual reality, including independent titles. Among these studios we can find in particular 3D Realms, who are responsible for the famous series Duke Nukem
List and future of affected studios
- 3D worlds : The studio will continue to work on these projects, no changes are to be expected.
- Splipgate ironworks : The Danish developer is integrated into Saber Interactive.
- DigixArt : Currently working on STREET 96, the French studio – Lost in Harmony, 11-11 memories retold – is now under the control of the Koch Media publishing label.
- Force field : The team specializing in VR is also moving to Koch Media and will be working on VR games with Vertigo Games, which the group already owns
- Simple trigger : The developers of the 2D shooter Hunt down Join the ranks of Coffee Stain Studios
- Ghost ship games : The studio behind it Deep rock galactic
- CrazyLabs : Specialized in mobile games, with his merit Super stylist, CrazyLabs is joining DECA Games and will continue to work in its chosen area
- Grimmfrost : Company that sells online Viking related products
Now Embracer has more than 8,000 employees and 70 studios around the world! The strategy of creating autonomous operational groups such as THQ Nordic or Koch Media will be continued. These different transactions fit perfectly with this goal and aim to strengthen these entities. The amounts of the various transactions have not been disclosed.