Diablo 2: Resurrected is getting improved functionality for the console lobbies with an update on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, Diablo 2: Resurrected will receive a new update on consoles and PC, Blizzard has announced.
Update 2.4.3 will introduce new and improved ways of multiplayer lobbies to make it even easier for console and PC players to find a suitable group to play with.
By specifying a few parameters, you can then use the Game Creator to create your own game sessions. Among other things, private sessions can be implemented or the maximum level difference can be specified.
Furthermore, a list shows up to 40 filterable game sessions that you can join.
Here are some images of the new lobby features:
Additionally, the update comes with a number of quality of life improvements and bug fixes that we’ve listed below.
The update will be rolled out on Wednesday. An exact time is not known.
There is also a 50% buff on Magic Finds between June 30th and July 4th. This applies to magic, rare, sets, or unique loot from slain enemies. The effect even stacks with other sources.
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Players can now start a new Whirlwind, Leap, or Leap Attack immediately after a Whirlwind ends.
- Changed the logic used to determine how often Whirlwind attacks occur. Whirlwind now includes increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all gadgets. The frames between each whirlwind attack are equal to the attack frame of a normal attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). When double swinging, the attack frame for each weapon is averaged (rounded up). Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as before. Slower weapons attack significantly faster.
- A new Controller Loot to Cube skill has been added to the general Skills menu. Using this skill on an item will pick it up and place it in your Horadric Cube, if there is space.
- Added a bindable mouse and keyboard hotkey to directly open the Horadric Cube when it’s in your inventory.
- Added a new shortcut key to open the Horadric Cube from the inventory menu.
- Players can now bulk assign stat points with one controller.
- A confirmation prompt is now displayed when all remaining stat points are bulk assigned on both PC and console. This option is not available when using legacy graphics.
- Added an auto-open automap preference to allow players to set their preferred automap location.
- You can now double-click a game to join it in the PC lobby.
- Players on Switch can now join a friend’s game from the in-game friends list.
- The size of the playlist has been doubled from 20 to 40.
- Playlist details in both the details pane and the playlist now load faster when a game is selected.
- Friends playing D2R are now sorted to the top of the friends list.
- Console players now have an option in the options menu to toggle game name visibility.
- Fixed an issue where Deckard Cain was unable to identify items in the Horadric Cube. Now he will do this if the cube is in your main inventory.
- Fixed an issue where short-range hurricanes could end without performing a single attack.
- Fixed an issue where Whirlwind would still apply traits and damage from a broken weapon.
- Fixed an issue where Whirlwind’s first attack was treated differently than the others. With Double Swing, the first attack chooses two targets, just like all other attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the revive cost for high-level mercenaries was inconsistent.
- Fixed an issue where corpse skills would not automatically target corpses when just right-clicking.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t select and join lobby games on PC with a controller.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to impersonate developers by mimicking the chat font color used to display system messages.
- Fixed an issue where lobby figures would disappear when whispering.
- Fixed an issue that rarely prevented players from joining a private game.
- Fixed an issue in Hardcore where both players would have to tag each other in order to loot a corpse, even if the dead player had tagged the other player.
- Fixed an issue where leaderboards with six or more digits started overlapping the character name.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused recently played characters not to be sorted to the top of the list.
- Fixed an issue where an off-hand front-end flail could not be animated.
- Fixed various localization bugs.
stability and performance
- Fixed a performance issue that could occur when a provider has been spammed for updates for an extended period of time.
- Various crash and stability fixes.