With the Xbox app for Windows PC, you can discover and download new games with Game Pass, play console games on your Windows PC with cloud gaming, and chat with friends across PC, mobile, and Xbox consoles. Below are the latest updates and patch notes for the Xbox app on PC for January 2023 – This update is now available for download in the store. Always keep your app updated to get the latest improvements and bug fixes. Learn more about the Xbox app for PC here.
January release (2301.1001.5.0)
- The list of installed games in the sidebar now provides additional data such as pending invites and completion percentage.
- Improvements to the Coming Soon to Game Pass module on the Game Pass page.
- Added a new module to the rotation that showcases available EA Game Trials. You will sometimes see this module on the home page, and you can always find the list through the dedicated EA Play hub within the app.
- Adjusted the size and weight of some fonts on game pages for better readability.
- Fixed an issue where install sizes were missing after recently installing a game.
- Fixed an issue where some devices were unable to load content in the Game Pass tab.
- Fixed an issue where your Cloud Gaming Jump Back In list would load infinitely on an ARM device.
- Fixed certain scenarios where you were stranded and had to restart the app.
- Fixed several Vietnamese and Filipino localization issues.
- While using the high-contrast Desert theme, the Guide Button and Show Stream Menu icons in the upper-left corner of Remote Play will disappear. Other high-contrast themes do not exhibit this problem.