Throughout this latest generation of consoles, the Minecraft phenomenon has captivated millions of people with its constant and creative updates that have garnered millions of great reviews from fans of the game. Minecraft has transcended the barrier of video games and today it is a valid tool even for education.
Around these happy holidays, it is customary for game companies to add snow implementations, in an effort to create a more Christmas vibe. This is why Mojang wanted to implement a patch in his work in which powder snow effects are added before launching his new Caves and Cliffs update; we should not wait for the summer of 2021.
Minecraft adds powder snow effects
Thanks to this new version update Beta 126.96.36.199
Don’t forget to mention that several bugs were also fixed. The implementations that have been added and the bugs fixed are as follows:
Updated caves and cliffs
- The Powder Block now emits particles when an entity moves or lands in it.
- A freeze effect is gradually applied to the player and to the creatures inside the powder blocks.
- The freeze effect is removed from mobs or players who catch fire.
- Players in survival mode can now enable / disable freezing effect damage using the game rule, for example: / gamerule freezedamage false
- Crowds that have sunk into powder can now roam it
- Burning entities now see their fire extinguished when walking on powder snow.
- Red Stone Dust, Torches, and Item Frames can no longer be placed on Powder Snow.
- Gravity blocks no longer break when landing on powder
- Inside the powdery snow blocks, the third-person camera is no longer pushed into the character’s head.
- Creatures spawned in the Powder Block are no longer likely to spawn underground.
- The powder snow block is no longer present in the creative inventory
- Powder snow no longer stops projectiles in bedrock
- Light creatures can now climb and navigate through boulders of powder.
- Rabbits, Silverfish and Endermites do not fall through boulders of powder
- It is now possible to specify a list of blocks that an entity must avoid
- Goats are smart enough to avoid powder blocks when roaming around
- An entity walking on powder snow will emit the correct footstep regardless of the boulder you are walking on.
- Wearing leather boots now allows entities to climb boulders of powder
- Snow powder blocks have unique interaction sounds
- When the camera is inside a block of powder, fog is rendered around it and an overlay texture is rendered.
- Buckets can be used to collect and deposit powder snow.
- Powder snow blocks have a slightly different texture from normal snow blocks
- Entities can enter blocks of powder, but their movement is slowed down while inside.
- Fall damage is ignored
- Leather boots make it easy for players to traverse powder
- Fixed occlusion for powder snow; Adjacent blocks no longer appear transparent in powder
Correction of errors
Abyssal ambient sounds
- Mobile gamers now experience ambient sounds in The Nether
- Make sure to update the original Minecraft Music Pack through Marketplace to hear these new sounds!
Minecraft is now available for the Xbox One and PC platforms. If you want to know more about this title, you will surely be interested to know that its new downloadable content is now available in Minecraft Dungeons.