The Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition bridges space and time for release and uncovers linked parallel worlds in the RPG.
Square Enix is releasing Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition, the remastered version of the popular RPG classic, digitally today on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC via Steam.
Players can now embark on an epic adventure with enhanced illustrations by character designer Nobuteru Yuuki, remixed music by celebrated composer Yasunori Mitsuda, and a variety of additional enhancements.
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition immerses a new generation in this classic that transcends the boundaries of space and time. Set in two interconnected parallel worlds, this role-playing game offers a wide and varied cast of playable characters rarely seen in an RPG.
Players can choose from over 40 unique and playable party members. The focus is on Serge, who stumbles into another world and learns that there is a connection between his existence and the future of his planet.
The Remaster Edition includes Radical Dreamers – The Forbidden Treasure – a Japanese-only text-based adventure video game released in 1996 that forms the basis of the Chrono Cross story.
Players can look forward to a number of improvements and new features in Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition, including:
- 3D models in HD
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
- Remixed background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Random battles can be turned on or off
- Background filter function
- combat improvements
- Auto battle feature
- Added German, French, Italian and Spanish localization
- Choose between imitation pixel font and HD font
- Screen resolution options
- Includes Radical Dreamers – The Forbidden Treasure – never before released in the west
- Choice of original or updated graphic
The game’s launch trailer: