Codemasters is adding new weather conditions and an events page to GRID Legends with an update.
Today GRID Legends gets a new update that adds new weather conditions to the racing game.
Fog and dust present players with new challenges in the future. This makes driving at night in the fog even more risky if you have to drive with restricted visibility.
Those who drive in Dubai, Sydney, Bathurst and Crescent Valley will find themselves in trouble and have to reckon with a deterioration in handling when navigating their vehicle.
Incidentally, the new weather conditions can also be turned on or off by race creators.
The update continues to take care of bug fixes and improvements. In addition, a page has been added to the game that provides information about monthly events with rankings.
Another update will follow in June. Then the first Premium Pack DLC will also be available.
A new page for weekly and monthly events with leaderboards has been added. Also, two new weather types have been added to the race builder: Dust and Fog.
- The ideal line now displays correctly when set to On or Curves Only.
- Add-ons purchased from the PS Store are now displayed correctly.
- Artifacting at the edge of the screen is no longer visible in replays.
- The “Distort” sponsored objectives now get correct progression.
- GRID Legends no longer required a restart to complete the installation.
- The UI from the main menu is no longer displayed in the game after changing hosts.
- Players no longer appear with a generic profile picture after a user exits the lobby.
- Players can now receive invites when the Lobby tab is open.
- When returning to the main menu from the session list, the “Select Vehicle” setting no longer gets stuck.
- When trying to join an online game without a PS Plus or Xbox Gold membership, players will now see the correct message.
- Joining a “running” Drift session now works as intended.
- AI drivers will no longer set absurdly fast or negative lap times during an ongoing start session.
- Other minor bug fixes have been made.
Driven by Fame & Career
- The Oval Stock Event 2 has been renamed the Oval Stocks Finals.
- Progression in The Gauntlet now updates correctly under Career.
- Fixed flickering in the corner of the screen on “Into the Fray”.
- Fixed long load times and low FPS after completing Induction and Into the Fray.
- Fixed various issues that could cause the game to crash on all platforms.
Graphics and visual effects
- Floodlights no longer flicker.
- Brabham BT62 – Fixed headlight rendering issues when front bumper detaches.
- Koenigsegg Jesko – Drivers no longer grip the shift stick too tightly when changing gears.
- Renault Laguna – The headlights have been improved.
- Shanghai – In the distance, white light no longer appears in the tunnel.
- Debug texts are no longer displayed in certain instances.
- Fixed bugs with Italian, Spanish, French and German voice overs.
- Dynamic music is now available in weekly and monthly events.
- Several other audio fixes have been made in-game