2K today announced new details and features of the Jordan Challengewho will reach NBA 2K23. The game mode features 15 playable moments from Michael Jordan’s career, allowing players to relive his legacy from his early days as a college sensation to his game-winning shot in the 1998 NBA Finals.
“The Jordan Challenge is an immersive experience unlike anything NBA 2K fans have seen, completely rebuilding the challenges of 2K11 and adding five new moments”said Eric BoenischVice President of NBA Development at Visual Concepts. “Our team considered everything when creating this game mode, stadiums, players, uniforms, broadcast and style of play at the time. An effort was made to provide fans with a truly authentic and unique Jordan playable experience.”
Content of the Jordan Challenge
The Jordan Challenge features iconic NBA moments and gameplay innovations, including:
- An impressive recreation of a bygone era, from the 1982 NCAA National Championship to the 1998 NBA Finals. Each challenge includes a preview interview with a star who played in each of these very special games.
- A complex system of video filters specially designed to recreate the TV experience of watching these games as they originally aired in the 80s and 90s. With a unique viewing experience for each decade that transports gamers back to the original game.
- Key gameplay changes to fit the feel of each era. With a much stronger focus on post and mid-range play. Transition play was also revamped for the 1980s, including narrower transition lanes and more players cutting to the basket with a power play, rather than the three-point shots seen in today’s NBA. . .
- More precision on the perimeter and in the painting. Featuring new signature-style animations from classics like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, including all-new shots, lay-ups and passes.
- Hand shots and body shots make an appearance, bringing a completely different feel to one-on-one combat compared to today’s smoother gameplay. The “Bad Boys” of the Detroit Pistons with their famous “Jordan Rules” are the most obvious example.
Enjoy the new NBA 2K23 trailer now
Stay tuned in the Xbox Zone for all the news that’s yet to come NBA 2K23 In the next weeks. the launch of NBA 2K23 is planned for September 9. It will come to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 platforms, Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
I’ve traveled to worlds you’d never believe, ended up with enemies that elude all mysticism. I felt my pulse quicken with each battle, and the sigh of someone who knows they will have to get back up. There’s always a villain waiting and an adventure just around the corner.