The Nier Automata: The Become as Gods Edition creator Yoko Taro is working with producer Yosuke Saito on two new games.
During the live stream Party at the end of 2020, hosted by Famitsu and V-Jump magazine, Yoko Taro himself confirmed that she and Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito are currently working on two different games. The first is said to be a very unsettling game, so much so that Yosuke Saito regrets giving the starting shot. The project was first discussed a year ago and it hasn’t evolved much. Both are not even sure what genre the game will be.
The second project the NieR series creator is working on is one that both Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito have wanted to do for a very long time. This project was discussed earlier than the disturbing game, but no further information was revealed.
The next entry in the NieR series slated to appear in 2021 is NieR Replicant. The game is a remaster of the original PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game that will feature visual and gameplay enhancements.
- Discover the unique prequel to the critically acclaimed masterpiece NieR: Automata.
- Now with a modern upgrade, experience masterfully revitalized graphics, engaging storyline, and more!
- The protagonist is a friendly young man who lives in a remote village. In order to save his sister Yonah, who is terminally ill with the black script, he goes in search of the “Sealed Verses” with Grimoire Weiss, a strange speaking tome.
- Experience the story of NieR Replicant for the first time in the West through the eyes of the protagonist as a brother.
- The original all-star team is returning, including acclaimed director YOKO TARO (Drakengard / NieR: Automata), composer Keiichi Okabe (TEKKEN / Drakengard / NierR: Automata), and producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST X / NieR: Automata). The PlayStation 4 version includes a Dynamic Theme, an Avatar Set and a Mini-OST.
Nier Replicant will be released on April 23, 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Nier Automata: The Become as Gods Edition is in Xbox Game Pass contain.