The Overlord expansion is unleashed on the Stellaris universe on PC. Console players will have to wait a little longer.
Paradox Interactive today announces the release of Overlord, a full expansion for Stellaris focused on new empire management features.
The expansion adds a host of new mechanics that grant players an unprecedented level of control over their galactic domains, from powerful new megastructures to deeper interactions with minion systems. Overlord is now available for all PC platforms at a suggested retail price of EUR 19.99.
The new Overlord Launch trailer on the Stellaris YouTube channel shows a new way to lead the galaxy:
The expansion will also be released for consoles at a later date.
The features of the Overlord expansion:
- The rulers make the rules:
With new mechanics for vassals, the roles for additional subjects can be defined – players can create new specialized empires to grow into economic superpowers, military specialists and technological creators. They negotiate or demand treaties and agreements between their vassals to determine the future of dozens of worlds, and reap the benefits!
- The brightest star must lead them:
Players can locate and reunite shattered empires! In the vast galaxies they encounter other unique enclaves, from mysterious Shroudwalkers to militaristic mercenaries and wily salvage workers. They can be used to forge mutually beneficial relationships in order to earn their unique services, or they can be forcibly subjected to one’s rule.
- Five New Origins:
- Imperials first – Starting as a specialized ruler, you may one day rule the entire galaxy.
- With the slingshot to the stars –
- underground – A species adapted to life underground, excelling in mining and archeology. Now it’s time to see what awaits them far, far above the surface!
- Instructor of the Shroud – Through evolving in contact with the curious psykers known as the Shroudwalkers, your own empire has learned a great deal about mind expansion!
- ancestor swarm – With the right leadership, the Empire of the Hivemind can achieve more than ever before… but without the right leadership, the Hive will collapse.
- Planning for the future and demonstrations of power:
- New technological feats give the Empire the edge it needs to become the dominant force across the galaxy.
- Orbital Rings expand influence (as well as defense capabilities) and increase demonstrations of power from your planet farther into space.
- Hyper-Relays allow your fleets to get their way faster than ever before.
- Quantum catapults offer players new ways to react faster in the galaxies while simultaneously projecting the Force, although it is a perilous journey for the fleet with no way back.
- Four new music tracksto be inspired to rise to greatness.