Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Marks of Ragnarok is available now.
Ubisoft today announced that the third major expansion, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – The Mark of Ragnarok is now playable on all available platforms.
For the first time in an Assassin’s Creed game, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla gets a second year of content, beginning with the expansion: The Signs of Ragnarok.
Additionally, new seasonal content, free for everyone, will further enrich the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla experience during this second year.
Watch the Mark of Ragnarok launch trailer here:
Developed by Ubisoft Sofia, the Mark of Ragnarok is the next major expansion to continue support after its year 2 release for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
In this expansion, Eivor must face his/her destiny as Odin, the Norse god of battle and wisdom. The dwarf kingdom of Svartalfheim is falling apart, and amidst the chaos, Odin’s beloved son Baldr has been captured by the invincible fire giant Surt.
In Mark of Ragnarok, players can unleash new divine powers to continue their legendary Viking saga. To do this, they embark on a desperate rescue mission through a mythological world full of contrasts.
The expansion brings new features and content to Ass assin’s Creed Valhalla:
- Players will discover new gameplay elements that allow them to harness their enemies’ powers. These powers can be used depending on your playstyle, including versatile combat and stealth options, exploration, and puzzle-solving. Players can possess the powers of fallen enemies and use them to transform into a raven for spectacular attacks, encase their weapon in ice to unleash devastating blows, or even resurrect defeated enemies to fight alongside them.
- New enemy types, including the fire giants from Muspelheim: the Muspels. They offer new challenges and encourage players to use their new powers to fight them efficiently.
- The vast landscapes of Svartalfheim can be explored and dwarven dwellings discovered, serving as the starting point for Odin’s quest to save Baldr and the player as hubs for their progression.
- The challenge of the Valkyries in a new battle arena where players can show off their fighting skills.
- A variety of new gear and weapons, including a new unique weapon type that allows for special combos, a new divine quality level for all gear, and more customization options for Eivor’s tattoos, hairstyles, and settlement decorations.
The Mark of Ragnarok is designed to provide real progression for existing players and is positioned as end-game content.
The recommended power level to play the expansion is 340, but new players can still jump straight into the expansion and experience Odin’s story. Valhalla players who have not yet reached Might Level 340 can further improve their character’s stats and gear in The Marks of Ragnarok.