Through an official press release, Western Digtal has shared with us the details of its new creation, the Controller, WD_BLACK G2. SSDs have 3 key components: flash memory, controller, and firmware. The differential value of the new WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD is the WD_BLACK G2 driver, the latest generation of drivers developed by Western Digital.
With a constant commitment to innovation, technical teams have optimized development in this key area to push NVMe performance to new heights.
This is the WD_BLACK G2
- Superior performance to achieve sequential read speeds of up to 7,000MB / s.
- Reduced drive overhead to achieve random performance of 1M (million) IOPS (1TB and 2TB models).
- Reduced command latencies and implemented IPR (NAND Independent Plane Reads) to improve performance of low QD hard drives.
- nCache 4.0 Dynamic SLC Caching – Single-level cell cache for optimized performance.
To get the most out of your new SSD, the next generation WD_BLACK control panel allows you to monitor and tune your SSD.
In addition to managing firmware updates, it allows you to monitor drive health and performance, control RGB functions, and enable game mode to keep SSD running at peak performance for gaming sessions. extended play.
Heat sink for long games
- Thermal management allows the unit to run faster, longer, and without thermal throttling. Since electrical components such as processors, GPUs, and controllers get hot during use, designers must manage heat dissipation to maintain optimal operating temperatures.
- Western Digital SSDs are designed to deliver superior performance in their range of applications. Adding a heat sink further improves performance, which means you play faster and longer.