At Xbox, our mission is to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone in the world. We’re committed to making that vision a reality by providing great games and services, and enabling more people to play than ever before. That’s why we created Xbox Game Pass and continue to expand Cloud Gaming to new devices – so we can give people the power to play on the devices they already own: PC, console, mobile, tablet devices and now Smart TVs.
Last June, we shared our vision to bring Xbox to more gamers by collaborating with global TV manufacturers to embed the Xbox experience in Smart TVs. Today the Xbox team provided an update on our approach and vision, including how we are making last year’s vision a reality by bringing the Xbox app to smart TVs, starting with our partner Samsung, the global leader for TV.
Samsung and Xbox have partnered to bring Xbox Game Pass to millions of Samsung Galaxy phones around the world, and now we’re working together again to bring our Xbox gaming experience to their 2022 Smart TVs. I’m excited that you can experience cloud gaming on Smart TVs in 27 countries on June 30th.
Xbox app now on smart TVs
By playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members get easy and instant access to over 100 high-quality games, including Xbox Game Studios titles, on the same day they are released. And as we recently announced, you can play too Fourteen days without membership through cloud gaming.
The Xbox app on Smart TVs offers new ways to play:
- When you get a new Samsung 2022 Smart TV, you now have more options to play games in your home.
- If you’re new to gaming, this is an easy way to get in on the fun without having to buy a PC or console, and also join a thriving community of over 25 million Game Pass members worldwide.
We’re bringing the Xbox app to Samsung Smart TVs first and intend to explore other TV partnerships as part of this next evolution of our vision.
How it works
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung TVs will be a seamless experience, much like using other streaming apps on your TV. Just launch the app, plug in your favorite controller and start playing. Here is the step-by-step guide:
- Access the Xbox app through the Samsung Gaming Hub and sign in to your existing Microsoft account. If you’re a Game Pass Ultimate member, you have access to hundreds of cloud-enabled games, or you can try it out Fourteen days without membership.
- If you are new to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Join today or upgrade for just $1or you can sign up directly in the app.
- Connect your favorite Bluetooth-enabled controller such as the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or DualSense Controller. Start playing over 100 high-quality games, including from the cloud A Plague Tale: Innocence, Hades
We’re very excited to see what this next step means for all gamers out there. With this launch, we’re making it easier than ever to play games on the devices you already own. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a controller, you can easily immerse yourself in the world of gaming and connect with your friends and communities on Xbox.
For more details on today’s Xbox guide update, click here.