Most Android phones have a microSD slot. Because of this we were able to expand the storage available on the device itself in a very comfortable way. If you use this storage, there are many ways. As much as we can use it as an extra space, but also use it as an internal storage.
The choice of using such a microSD such as portable storage or internal storage It's a personal thing, which should be adapted to everyone's needs on Android. When deciding to use it as an internal storage, there are obviously many advantages and disadvantages. It's a very debated topic.
All you need to know about MicroSD cards
Have you ever wondered what microSD cards are for you? We tell you all about these types of memory cards.
Portable storage and internal storage: What each
One of the first doubts that many do not have is any differences between using microSD as a physical or internal storage. So, we better tell you what it means either what is one of these two types
- Portable storage: If we use it as a portable storage, it means that if we want to move it to another device, we can move files (photos, music, videos, documents …) but not apps. It is used mainly when transferring files between devices, such as from phone to computer.
- Internal storage: MicroSD card is used as phone storage. So we'll keep the apps and data in it, which we can't transfer to another phone, because everything will be deleted (formatted).
The benefits of using microSD as internal storage
We start with the benefits of its use as internal storage, which is something that can enable many users to do this on their Android phone.
- Remove restrictions / limitations on Android: If your favorite phone or device has limited space, using microSD as internal storage is a way to resolve this. Obstacles or limitations in local measurement are removed.
- Easy setupThe process of converting microSD into internal storage on the phone is not a complicated process, which also helps a lot of betting on it. Even in a few steps we can have apps stored on it by default.
- It's inexpensive: Buying a MicroSD card is cheaper, the prices are good, so it's something that is available to any user who simply wants to expand the internal storage space of their phone. Many times it's cheaper than buying the same type of phone with extra space.
- Many types of cards: There are a few options, different classes, so if you are looking for one of the top options, there are. Being able to choose between different types of MicroSD cards makes it easy to find something that suits your needs.
How to encrypt a MicroSD card and an Android phone
Do you want to protect your Android phone or MicroSD card data? Find out how it is possible to encrypt that data.
Bad for its use as internal storage
Use of microSD as internal storage on Android It also has disorders, Important to remember before making a final decision:
- It is not possible to use it on another device: Unlike when used as a portable storage, the frequency of transferring files between devices, its use as internal storage prevents it from being used on another device. When used in one, such information is deleted.
- Slow loading: If you convert it to internal storage, it may be that microSD is working slowly. This causes file uploads and applications to be delayed when we use it on Android. It can therefore create a negative user experience. We will be forced to buy a quick 10 section, if we want to avoid this
- Learning failure: Even if used as internal storage, there may still be read failures when using the card, which renders the content inactive or otherwise lost. It is possible in some ways, but it is dangerous to process. The card has limited reading / writing cycles, though it's hard to figure out when to stop using one.
- Heavy game performance issues: Heavy games, Fortnite-style, are a major issue on the MicroSD card. That's why if you want a good game experience, it's best not to put them on the card. If done, performance will be severely affected.
- Some jobs won't exist: This is an upgraded theme for Android, even though there may be some things that don't work, such as certain widgets, when apps are installed on that card.