On Thursday, November 5, Apple released several updates to its apps. In addition to launching iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2, the company has released its update software with the new HomePod and the fourth and fifth generation Apple TV updates.
What does the delivery bring for iPhone and iPad?
According to Apple documents, here is what is installed on iOS 14.2:
- More than 100 new icons containing animals, food, houses, furniture, musical instruments, interactive icons, and more.
- Eight new domains of light and dark mode.
- The magnifying glass can see nearby people and report their distance using the LiDAR sensor on the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- MagSafe Leather Case Case for iPhone 12
- AirPod battery charging allows the battery to wear out slightly by reducing the amount of time the AirPods are fully charged.
- There will be a volume alert with headphones where sound levels may affect your hearing.
- New AirPlay controls for playing entertainment content throughout the home.
- HomePod Intercom integration with HomePod mini when using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPod, and CarPlay.
- You can now connect your HomePod with your Apple TV 4K with stereo and surround sound, as well as Dolby Atmos.
- Options to participate in anonymous statistics and help health authorities.
In addition, these issues have also been addressed:
- Applications end up in the wrong order in Home Screen Dock.
- The camera display was dark at first.
- The lock screen is sometimes not available to touch when you enter your password.
- Reminder can be set in the past.
- The widget The images sometimes did not show content.
- The widget Time showed high temperatures in Celsius even though it was set to Fahrenheit.
- In time, the descriptions in the next hour’s rain chart may indicate the wrong rainfall.
- Voice recording can be interrupted by incoming calls.
- The screen was black when playing a Netflix video.
- The Apple Watch app will unexpectedly stop when it opens.
- For some users, GPS tracking tracks or health data were not synced between Apple Watch and iPhone.
- The message “Can’t be played” was incorrectly displayed in CarPlay.
- Some devices are not charged offline.
- Display notifications are disabled when the iPhone is restored from an iCloud backup or when transferring data from the new iPhone using the Move app.
To install the update, you must go to ‘Device’ Settings for your device, followed by ‘General’. There you will find the ‘Software Update’ option, where you can easily install it. For more information, you can contact our tutorial on how to update your iPhone.
IPadOS updates are almost identical.
What does the delivery bring to the Apple Watch?
Apple Watch watch 7.1 update update focused on fixes bedbugs and security issues, such as an issue that occurred when unlocking the Mac us ing the Apple Watch.
Also, you should now have no problems unlocking your Apple Watch Series 6 screen by touching the wrist. Another new feature is the information you receive when the volume is too high to damage your hearing.
To find those solutions and issues, feel free to check out our tutorial on how to update your Apple Watch.
What does the delivery bring to the HomePod?
Apple has also introduced new features software for HomePod. The update offers, among other things, the improved compatibility of the new intercom function that Apple has demonstrated at its last event in October.
This new feature provided in the new version 14.2 offers the opportunity to talk to other family members with Apple devices. Also, you can now connect the HomePod to Apple TV 4K with stereo and surround sound, as well as Dolby Atmos.
There is also the development of Siri and general fixes for bedbugs and security issues.
Normally, HomePod updates install automatically, but if you want to see what version you have right now, you can do so using the Home app on your iPhone or iPad. You can also disable auto-updates if you want.
With this in mind, you can consult our tutorial on how to update file for software by HomePod. On the other hand, you may be interested in looking at the article How to use the HomePod.
What does the update bring to Apple TV?
There is also a new update available for the fourth and fifth generation of Apple TV. In this regard, tvOS 14.2 focuses on fixing bugs and security issues, although it is not clear what steps have been taken.
To update your Apple TV, you must go to ‘Settings’, followed by ‘System’ and ‘Software update’. Then update the software using your remote. You will have to wait a few minutes for the installation to complete.