Emission of electromagnetic waves from consumer electronics products can affect medical devices. This is why Apple released a list of your products that may interfere in equipment such as a pacemaker or defibrillator. If this is the case for you or if you are concerned about that of a friend or loved one, there are a series of recommendations to avoid interference.
These are the Apple products to look out for if you have a pacemaker
The vast majority of Apple products emit waves or have magnets that can emit them. The full list includes virtually every category of Apple products, which can be summed up as follows:
- AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max and their respective cases.
- Apple Watch, bracelets with magnets and charger.
- HomePod and HomePod mini.
- All iPad models and their covers.
- The four iPhone 12 models and their MagSafe accessories.
- All models of Macs, desktops and laptops and Apple Pro Display XDR.
- Beats Flex, Beats X, PowerBeats Pro and UrBeats3.
As can be seen, all of these products have radio elements and / or magnets which emit electromagnetic fields. To avoid interference with a pacemaker or other type of equipment, Apple recommends using them remotely. Concretely, 15 centimeters from the device when we use it and 30 centimeters when we charge it wirelessly.
As is evident, those who use a pacemaker or similar they are already taking those kinds of precautions. So, the normal thing is to put the iPhone in the right pocket and wear the Apple Watch on the right wrist, for example. As a general rule, it can be said that these distances can be one or two spans, depending on the situation.
Imagen | Steven fruit flavor.