As you probably already know, Apple introduced iOS 15 at WWDC 2021 for iPhone and iPod touch some time ago, as well as iPadOS 15 for iPad. These versions incorporate many new features for Apple mobile devices, and Little by little from Apple, they are launching new versions in beta phase of their software in order to improve themselves until they reach the final version. of all your operating systems.
In that sense, it seems that we have recently seen some progress. A few weeks after the launch of beta 2, it seems that since The firm has already released third beta versions for developers of all of its operating systems, including iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15.
The third beta of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 for developers is now available
As we mentioned, Apple recently released the third beta of all of its developer operating systems. So, if the Apple developer profile is installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, You can now install this new beta version on your devices from the software update section in the settings.
Recall that the two operating systems came with interesting novelties such as SharePlay, significant improvements in terms of FaceTime, iCloud + or the redesign of the home screen of the iPad, which now integrates widgets in a completely different. In addition, we see little by little more stability in the different operating systems, and in particular This developer beta 3 appears to be the least buggy version of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 to date
All the new features accompanying the beta 3 of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15
As we mentioned, in this case, it seems that the third beta of operating systems not only brings improvements in terms of operating system stability, but also incorporates improvements in terms of functions and of features. Gradually, developers are discovering more features, and at the moment we already know some of the new things that come with these beta versions:
- New home screens: As usual in newer versions, Apple already has the classic home screens for displaying news in apps like Reminders, Notes or the App Store, among others.
What’s new in the Reminder app in beta 3 f or developers # iOS15#iPhone # iOS15DevBeta3 pic.twitter.com/2JwsaudwUT
– ZonaAppleWorld (@ZonaAppleWorld) July 15, 2021
- New music widget: In the third beta of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, a new widget has appeared, related to Apple Music and Apple’s own, completely redesigned music app. In addition, in the case of the iPad, there is the possibility to choose between several designs to display more or less information depending on the space available on the screen. Particularly noteworthy is the new design that changes color depending on the album image the song currently playing belongs to, as well as the redesign if playback is paused.
New widget for Apple Music in iOS 15 beta 3. pic.twitter.com/LPlHYDRT2G
– Fran Besora (@_fraanb_) July 14, 2021
- Transfer or reset: Replacing the classic reset menu that appeared in the settings of the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, a new window now appears that also allows you to migrate data to another device, among other new functions. In addition, this menu has been completely redesigned offering a multitude of new options, as well as a much cleaner, more polished and clearer design.
- Important news in Safari: Apple’s browser has been gradually improved in this third beta version. Now it has a new design with which when using the search bar it stays anchored to the keyboard, showing the above results in a much more visual way with different icons. Additionally, options such as reloading pages in a somewhat disguised manner have also been added, within the extra options button.
The third beta of iOS 15 has changed in Safari and the search bar, now it stays next to the keyboard and the results are displayed at the top. pic.twitter.com/9ZyUeDYzTM
– David Bernal Raspall (@ david_br8) July 14, 2021
- New shortcut for Background sounds: With the new beta version, Apple has integrated a new shortcut to access the function of Background sounds, which in this case allows you to start playing, change the volume or whatever you need in that regard.
- Changes in focus mode options– One of the fundamental pillars of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 are the new focus modes that let you avoid distractions when you need them most. Apparently, in the settings app, some important aspects related to this feature have been renewed, including improvements in the colors used or larger icons to highlight something else.
- Search improvements and AirTag integration: the Search application has also undergone a small overhaul with this new beta version, and now includes the possibility to choose to share the location, or to add an AirTag or a compatible device by choosing the plus button.
- Live Text, more and more in more and more parts of iOS and iPadOS: Another of the great functions presented with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 is Live Text, thanks to which it is possible to capture text or elements in a much easier way. With the third beta of these operating systems, new features were included, and now when you tap to select text, the option to capture it using the Live Text tool also appears.
Live Text is increasingly integrated throughout the system in iOS 15 b3. pic.twitter.com/PxrtyU3x93
– Fran Besora (@_fraanb_) July 14, 2021
- Less storage required to install beta: As 9to5Mac shared, it seems that the latest beta of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 details in its notes the possibility of being installed even with less than 500MB of storage available on devices, which suggests that little to bit the optimization of the operating system becomes even greater.
This way, as you may have seen, The novelties accompanying the third beta of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 are quite numerous. If you have the developer profile to install these betas, you can now update your devices to the new version, while if you have the public beta profile, say the new version should arrive soon for all users.