Apple today released its financial results for the second quarter of 2020 fiscal, the first to collect the effects of coronavirus infection. January, February and March deal with the full impact caused by COVID-19 in China, in addition to the first detention in several European countries including Spain.
The effects of the epidemic are evident in the official statistics: $ 58.313 billion in net income with a total turnover of $ 11,249 million. It represents the smallest increase of 1% of revenue in the same quarter last year and another small decrease in gross profit of $ 312 million.
The initial pre-epidemic was $ 62 billion to $ 67 billion, but it is clear that the coronavirus prompted analysts to react, lowering the forecast to $ 54.5 billion. It has been stripped, and even if it was only for hair Apple has been able to grow in comparison to the year even with the impact of globalization
"In this challenging environment, our users rely on their Apple devices for new ways to stay connected, knowledgeable, innovative and productive. sent to medical professionals worldwide and to organizations such as the Global Citizen and the United States Food Bank. "
The main reason that Apple was able to continue to be positive about the disease uncontrolled growth of services and fragmentation of accessories. Both have returned to record numbers, only the service category offers more revenue than the sale of iPads and Macs combined.
Apple has been cautious too does not release estimates for future financial results
We go along with some of the most important points Apple has made at a press conference:
- Tim Cook highlights Apple's resilience as a company that launches products while also delivering face masks and medical supplies to hospitals around the world. It has also tried to help its customers by suspending Apple Card payments during the months of April and May.
- Apple News is growing and reaching 125 million unique users. The special epidemic category has about 3 million unique visitors.
- There are numerous iPad orders from schools around the world. "Schools rely on our products and technology"
- The Apple Watch is helping to treat patients so far as hospitals become more crowded.
- Tim Cook says "you can't remember the financial quarter you were proud of"about what they do and how they do it.
- Apple's manager also acknowledges that they will not provide forecasts for the next fiscal quarter because it already affects the time when most of the world is tied up.
- IPhone revenue dropped 7% from a year ago due to the impact of the epidemic. Luca Maestri, however, gives the fact that the domain of iPhone users has never been so high.
- The pace of revenue collection in the services sector is well underway and is likely to meet the 2016 revenue target. They also expect it to reach 600 million paid subscriptions by 2021.
Leave a Reply