As Steve Jobs said, “That computers are like bicycles for our minds”. Even more so when, in addition to using them, we develop software for them. Something that starts with knowing the Swift language, which we can learn in several online courses.
Resources and courses to learn Swift for free
The vast majority of documentation and content for learning Swift is in English. In Spanish it is a bit expensive to find courses, less free, but there are several resources with whom to take our first steps.
- Apple books on Swift: Apple has several Swift books available for free on Apple Books. Books like Swift Playgrounds: Learn to Code 1 and 2 or Programming for All: Puzzles, both in Spanish that come with the Swift Playgrounds app. If we’re comfortable reading in English, just search Apple Books for Swift to find multiple volumes of Apple Education
- Blog and specialized media: In iosdevdirectory.com we can find a list of development media in Spanish. Means that are not courses in themselves, but that can allow us to see a little of what we are talking about when we start with Swift. In English, we recommend 100 Days of Swift.
- YouTube channels: There are several YouTube channels to get you started in the world of Swift development. One of the best known, and notable for the quality of its content, is MoureDev, created by developer Brais Moure.
- Documents in Spanish: Since A few weeks ago we can check out the official Swift documentation in Spanish, thanks to a developer who did the translation work.
Courses to learn Swift
Leaving aside the free resources, we will focus our attention on Udemy, where there are a good number of courses to learn to develop in Swift in Spanish. Let’s highlight a few:
Professional courses to develop in Apple environments
Finally, beyond the pre-recorded videos, you can choose to train us through professional courses. The prices are higher, but it’s the only way to continue the training with someone to ask, to interact with and to accompany us to take the next steps. Two are to be highlighted in this area:
- Apple Coding Academy BootCamp: A course made up of 10 modules that we can join to learn different aspects of development in Swift. From the hand of Júlio César Fernández we will learn such important points as the Develop applications with SwiftUI 3 with Combine and Async-Await, TDD, Continuous Integration and Distribution with Xcode Cloud and/or open source or the Secure development in Apple environments essential in all projects.
- Development of KeepCoding mobile applications: A course that focuses on a broader aspect of development, without diving into Swift and touching on tools like Flutter and cross-platform development.
The world of development is truly vast. Resources, in addition, there are practically for all tastes and all levels. With him it is better to learn togetherit’s always easier and more satisfying to have someone there to answer questions and move forward.