We spent the last days testing a realme 6i, a cell phone that for less than 180 euros can offer acceptable performance, good camera, lots of memory and an attractive and original design.
- The body
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75 x 9 mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Type: IPS
- Dimensions: 6.5 inches | 20: 9
- Resolution: 1600 x 720 pixels
- The main features
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G80
- 2 x 2.0 Ghz @ Cortex-A75
- 6 x 1.8 Ghz @ Cortex-A55
- GPU: Money-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM.
- Storage: 128 GB.
- Application: Realme UI based on Android 10
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G80
- Main: 48 Mpx f / 1.8 PDAF
- Ultra wide angle: 8 Mpx f / 2.3
- Macro: 2 Mpx f / 2.4
- Depth: 2 Mpx f / 2.4
- Transfer: 16 Mpx f / 2.0
- WiFi 802.11 ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- FM radio
- GPS | AGPS | GLONASS
- Headphone jack
- USB 2.0 Type C
- Fingerprint reader
- The sensation of approach
- 5000 mAh Li-Po
- Quick charge: 20 W
The original plastic design
Photograph of realme 6, a mobile phone made of plastic imitation glass.
When we were able to analyze realme 6 we emphasized that the use of plastic was a good choice by realme as it was a day-fight, even though we thought that imitating glass and aluminum finishing was a lost opportunity for the brand as it is simply a plastic error of mass market design.
On realme 6i they wanted to build a separate cell phone and make better use of plastic. The side frames are still in color, pretending to be the beauty of the aluminum frame.
These layers follow a style that combines curves with straight lines passing through the center of the frame. This line gives it a touch that even though it is a discerning personality, when you look at it it feels original.
The backdrop is very different. It is matte plastic, with a very soft touch that makes it very fun to hold by hand.
If we look closely, we will see straight lines in the form of tormentThese lines are only decorative and do not add texture, so the backdrop experience will be quite uniform.
The fingerprint reader is located at the back of the common area. It's easy to access the finger to unlock. The four rear cameras are also outstanding, which we will talk about later.
At the bottom you can see a USB C port, headphone jack, microphone and speaker.
Great screen, few wishes
The panel is one of the most important pieces of the smartphone experience, and in the case of realme it is one of the weakest features of the signal.
The only thing this size shows is its size, at 6,5 inches in a 20: 9 aspect ratio. Panel adjustment on HD + and LCD technology. A panel that fits, but does not offer bright colors, high resolution or excessive brightness. Large panel without much.
In terms of display configuration, a customized realme layer includes a series of sensors to personalize the experience.
- Eye care mode: known in other customized layers as night mode. Light blue filter to slightly tired eyes. It can be done on a night shift machine and run until morning.
- Dark mode Being an LCD panel does not only reduce battery consumption, but it also helps to have eye-catching connections. The main success of the customization layer is the realme to allow it to work again in the twilight and work in the morning.
- Color temperature: It allows to easily remove the color temperature into a warm or cold panel, depending on your preference.
You can play everything, but not in high performance
One of the realme things that goes with its midrange is the introduction of the latest MediaTek process. In the case of the Reymer 6 we had the Helio G90T, and in this model is the G80 model responsible for supplying the body tissues.
At the performance level it is the same Snapdragon 710 that has installed the realme 5 Pro, becoming very similar in terms of functionality. Compatible with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage, which is expanded with a MicroSD card, we will have a solid operating system experience and save many gigabytes of photos, videos and music without receiving enough final warning.
The MediaTek Helio G80 is capable of playing many of the most popular games, but it never seems to start with your mobile gaming. It manages to run many games with complete solvency, but in the case of games like Fortnite, the game itself shows that it won't work with credentials.
You may have played with the graphics at least, but you will be found to decline at critical moments of the game. The same is true of the new Teamfight Tactics, which in this case is also being played, but the drawings show that they can improve a lot.
Games like Mario Kart, Brawl Stars, Crossing Animals or even style games when working without great difficulty.
Great non-disappointing battery
As we have seen, the screen experience and the processor are not that great, but they do offer significant benefits. Balancing efficiency means the level of efficiency, which makes use of the battery as much as possible.
With 5,000 mAh of battery it is easy to pass two days with 7 hours of screen time without much difficulty. As always, this figure is noticeable and depends on your spending patterns. For example, these days if you make regular video calls and play more this number can be reduced.
The mobile features a 20 Watts fast charge, capable of charging 5,000 mAh in about an hour and a half. Not the fastest charging speed we've seen, but the reason is because of the very large battery it contains.
Four cameras do not see anything wrong
One of the things we love most about realme 6i is the camera. With 48 Mpx sensors with an exact 1.8-foot height, the sensor that although it hasn't been able to explore much these days seems to offer a good level of detail in many cases.
Household dishes are well-defined, enhancing the colors without exaggerating.
The Ultra wide-angle camera has taken us by surprise. In cases where light is optimal, it is capable of capturing a large amount of information from the scene without much realization of the distortion suffered by this type of lens at such an angle.
Macro mode is excellent and even though the effect is invisible, you can still get great pictures.
At zoom level we have the opportunity to apply 2 increases with no loss of quality, 5 increase with moderate loss of quality and up to 10 with quality loss.
Photos taken by Realme 6i
User experience with realme UI
Until last year, Realme used Color OS as a customized layer, the layer directly benefiting Oppo, the lead type. In recent months, Realme has wanted to give a layer of new touches and do something they say is closer to Android stock.
- The feeling that the real UI gives me should be somewhere between Color OS and O oxygen OS, taking the best of each world. And the fact is that we love it.
- The big screen hasn't yet included Google Discover, but the launcher has improved a lot, getting closer to Android's design lines and improving customization in features such as thumbnail customization.
- Icon customization is the best we've ever seen in a launcher.
- We have the opportunity to choose between buttons, Android 10 body gestures or the classic Color OS touch.
- The thing that is totally unbelievable is the height of the keyboard when you use the touch, and that is that the keyboard sits in a very high position. In the image you can see that the height in each mode is different. It's a small mistake to invent a software, a small detail that has been discarded but not annoying.
- Alternatively, features like twin input mode, game specific mode, good screen recording app, the ability to press and hold down the start button to call Google Assistant, or safer, among many other things like social stock digital.
Conclusions: a cell phone that does not disappoint but has no appetite
Realme 6i is a mobile that comes to replace realme 5 with functionality, since all realme grades offer a small step in quality (and a small price increase).
This terminal does not have any powerful or disruptive features, but a balance of features and capabilities for up to 180 euros makes it a safe bet. It is a mobile phone made for those who want a party every day, without exception.
- realme 6i, a model with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage:
Table of Contents