It seems that the European Commission will toughen up on the issue of smartphone chargers. His idea is to propose a law in September so that all cell phones use the same universal current charger, to avoid electronic waste.
A priori the idea seems good. For everyone except Apple, of course. “Almost” all smartphone manufacturers have already abandoned the micro USB connector and switched to Usb-c
Yahoo! Finance just published a report explaining the EU’s plans for September. Propose a law to unify a universal charger model for all smartphones on the market, and thus reduce electronic waste.
A boat quickly seems like a good idea. We all have chargers around our home and office drawers that we don’t use and end up throwing out, because in the end we usually use a single charger to charge multiple devices. Apple, aware of this problem, no longer provides charger in the boxes of its iPhones, to avoid this “waste” of chargers that we do not use.
This idea of the EU, if the law is finally passed, will not affect 99% of smartphone manufacturers. All of them have already migrated from the old micro USB connector to the new USB-C. But the remaining 1% is Apple. It is the only manufacturer who is still determined to use your own exclusive connector
Although those in Cupertino have already given their arm to twist in the iPad Pro and the iPad Air, with USB-C connectors, all iPhones continue to retain the Apple-exclusive connector, the famous connector. Flash.
We will therefore see how this new European bill will affect if it is adopted. Perhaps, seeing them coming, Apple anticipates and the next iPhone 13 already integrate the USB-C connector. We will see.