11 tips for Google Maps the latest new features in the app between the apps to master it and even know how to activate the new driving mode.
This hides more than we think, so watch out for these tips and features that they don’t have long with us in this Google’s gran app.
Set route options appropriately
This won’t be the first time a Google Maps user has ended up paying for a toll highway for not having correctly configured the route options.
So easy how to configure it:
- We go to our Profile navigation settings> Settings> Navigation settings.
- We get off and in the route options we can configure avoid highways, avoid tolls and avoid ferries.
Activate the new driving mode
it hits very hard new driving style for Google Maps, because it adapts the interface to focus on what is important like calls, messages, multimedia applications and the route we take.
By the way, don’t miss out on how to perfectly handle this new driving mode or what are the best apps to get the most out of it. To activate it, do this:
- We go to Settings> Navigation settings> Google Assistant settings> We activate the driving mode.
Incognito mode to go unnoticed
If ever for all that you don’t want me to do map application record your activity, you just need to activate private browsing mode:
- Again after pressing about our profile picture, we find the possibility of activating the incognito mode.
- Google Maps will restart and you’ll see the incognito icon at the top.
Calibrate the compass in the best possible way
Thanks to artificial intelligence, Maps is able to recognize from camera where we are located. Thanks to this ability, we can calibrate the compass in a very quick and easy, although we also have other forms.
- We open Maps.
- We click on the point of our location.
- From the menu we choose Calibrate with Live View.
- We point our mobile at any recognizable building or environment so Maps can do the rest with its magic.
Download on your mobile the map where you are going on vacation
TO save some data from your monthly subscription with the operator, you can download the map offline where you are going on a trip or on vacation.
- We go to the region where we are going to be traveling or on vacation.
- Click on our profile icon.
- We choose offline maps.
- Click on select your own card.
- The map where we are will be marked and we download
An alarm that alerts you when you need to go on a trip
A characteristic that imported from Waze to adjust the arrival time and so Google Maps will notify us when we have to leave to arrive on time.
- We choose a destination in the navigation
- Click on the 3 dots button at the top right.
- We select “Set the departure or arrival time“
- We choose the arrival tab.
- Now we set the time and the day.
- We start and we will see at the bottom what time Google Maps will notify us.
How to know the price of gasoline for the next stations on your route
This tip is very special when we plan the vacation trip and it was added not long ago.
As is generally the case fill the tank before leaving, we know more or less how many kilometers it will take for a gas station.
In this way we will know the fuel price of all the gas stations that are on our route so you know where to stop.
The best thing is that we will be able to select a station and automatically add it as a stop.
- We mark a route again and in the three-point button we select the search on the route.
- On the next screen we will see several icons and the one we are interested in is that of gas stations.
- We support it.
- We will see all gas stations located with the icon itself and the price of gasoline.
- We give up the chosen one and if its price suits us, we add the stop.
Add stops to your routes
As usual before arriving at our destination on a moderate extension trip, we may make stops, this the trick is vital so you don’t need to start browsing once after another.
- We mark a destination and before leaving we go to the 3 point button.
- We choose Add a stop.
- The screen will be configured so that in the upper part we see the starting point, the destination point and then just the one to add a stop.
- Click on Add stop and choose where we will stop.
- How it will be before you reach your destination, Button 2 horizontal lines We go back up to leave this stop in the middle.
- Now we can add all the stops we want until we actually press the button
Areas of contagion by COVID-19
Even if you already have the COVID passport, even if you could not get it from any of the apps available in your community, it is important that you know the impact of the contagion in the area. Google Maps already has a layer for this.
- On the main screen, click the Layers button.
- To choose Covid data and you will see on the map the number of new cases per 100,000 people.
Adjust public transport customization options to your actual needs
Google Maps is a great app for go from one end to the other of the city and indicate the various public transportations to avoid the crowds.
We can customize this route that he will trace through a series of adjustments that adapt more realistically to our needs.
- Again, we mark a destination and give How to get there.
- We choose among the eyelashes train icon for public transport.
- Right below we get 3 tabs. We focus on the middle one to squeeze it.
- Preferred transports seem to mark the ones we will use for public transport, although we have the option of organized transport and even cycling.
- We accept and go to third tab “best route”.
- Here we have several possibilities: less transfers, less walking and suitable for wheelchairs.
- We select and apply the ones that suit us best.
Share your location in real time
Good functionality important for certain times where we need to let others know where we are.
- From the main screen, we click on our profile picture.
- Click Share location.
- And on the next screen in the same share button.
- We will go to a screen where we will see our map located on the map with the amount of battery remaining.
- We select the time at which we want location sharing to be active.
- Now the contact to send a link from which they can follow us in real time
A series of new and essential tips to know how to handle with Google Maps, which has just received the traffic lights, is doing well with Google Photos and allows us to see our trip statistics.
You may be interested in:
Follow the topics that interest you