The PDF of your Covid Certificate shouldn’t be a problem reading, but it never hurts to verify that it is valid, especially if you have downloaded a screenshot on your mobile or installed it in Google. Pay, for example. And there is a very easy way to verify that the Certificate is working correctly: with a security application on the phone. We show you the process.
The Covid Certificate is a quick and easy way to show that you already have the vaccine, that you have a negative coronavirus test, or that you have already passed the disease. Ordering it is very easy, also download the PDF to the phone. Most recommended is Always take it printed and download it to your mobile, the less options you have to lose it, the better
Use official payment apps
Given that the Covid Certificate is of European scope and that several governments of the Union have official applications to verify the authenticity of QR codes inserted in documents, simply use these applications to make sure that your Certificate is correct, has been validated and, most importantly, you will verify that the printing has not made the QR unreadable, for example (or that it continues to be read despite the port folded paper).
There are two apps that do the job perfectly: Covid Certificate Check, from the Swiss Confederation, and Verifica19, from the Italian Ministry of Health. Both maintain a similar operation: after pointing the QR code, will be displayed on the phone screen if the Covid certificate is valid and to whom it belongs; in addition to other information, such as name and date of birth.
To verify that your Covid certificate is working correctly, follow these steps:
- Install a verification app on your Android. For the test we will use the Swiss Verification of the Covid certificate
- Open the app and click on the “Check” button.
- Accept permission to access the camera so that the app can read the QR of your Covid certificate.
- Point the camera at the QR code.
- If your certificate is correct and valid, a Check green.
- If the QR does not work, an “Invalid Code” will appear at the top of the screen.
- A third option is that your Certificate is working correctly but that your state does not accept it by the Swiss Confederation (that you only have half of the vaccination schedule, for example).
The applications to verify the Covid certificate are safe, they are developed by governments, they do not include advertising and can work without internet connection.